BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

New Rider FAQ **New Riders, start here **

35K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Aaronhusk 
#1 · (Edited)
The New Rider Q&A forum has been getting rather crowded with sticky posts. To streamline the forum and improve readability, this single post will be "stickied" and posts which would otherwise have been made a sticky will be linked here for easy access.

If you find yourself reading a thread that you think has exceptional value to a new rider and should be added, please feel free to post a link to it here and recommend it for the New Rider FAQ.

<-- Useful New Rider Q&A threads -->

Best Beginner bike ... once and for all

Shopping for an older first bike

So you've decided to buy your first bike, but don't know which

Class 6 Road Test pointers

Reminders for a Safer Spring

Tips for riding once the weather turns colder

How to be a motorcycle passenger

Tips to stay alive on the road this summer

New rider rides, suggestions and guidelines

How do I store my bike for winter?

The Dangers of Riding Categorized

Motorcycle Skills Assessment procedure. Know before you go!

Monday Night Noob Friendly ride

See less See more
#2 ·
I suggest 'how to store your bike' be added.
Maybe the a) as in 'anal retentive' method.
b) as in be 'back on the road in 2-3 months' method
c) as in 'couldn't give a shit about my bike' lazy minimal method

The reason I suggest this is stalling bikes (gummed carbs, bad gas) are more hazardous to new riders.

#12 ·
I have seen the term ATGATT used before. I understand what it stands for. But what would someone consider as "All The Gear"? What would be a good start for someone who wants to get all the gear. Currently I have riding gloves, riding boots, a leather jacket (no padding/armour) and jeans.

#15 ·
Is there any way to update links in the original post by one of the admins. In last several years there have been a lot of good posts that new riders should read and that should be added to the original message. I know that we can just add them in here as a new message, but that would make it messy in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.