motorcycle radar detectors - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: motorcycle radar detectors

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    For the record I never would run plateless or run from a stop as I'm to old and responsible for that shit. But that post just rubbed me the wrong way.*

Everyone gets that radar detectors are not fool proof or a guarantee that you aren't getting a ticket. And let's be real basically anywhere anytime in this province the tax collectors could setup and nail endless people all day long if they wanted to actually enforce the law. In these parts 10km over is more than common, very commonplace to follow rcmp at 10km over too. #cops speed too*

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    As an experienced rider with a detector (+10 years), the real world benefit is being able to secure a roadside performance review that sounds like "You were going a little too quick back there, so I will just give you a warning". They won't help the foolish doing a 240-Gordy 5km outside of Hope.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    For the record I never would run plateless or run from a stop as I'm to old and responsible for that shit. But that post just rubbed me the wrong way*
    From what I have seen you post, I would have been very surprised if you did things like that. My opinion of people that run from a traffic stop is that they are lower that the scum that scum would scrape of its shoes. There is no reason for a person to do so. The danger to everyone that occurs during that type of activity is ridiculous compared to the possible punishment.

I’ve had three litre bikes run on me in recent times. I just watch them go off into the distance and call it on the radio. Every single one was caught the same day. They all ended up with tickets out the wazoo, criminal code charges and changed lifestyles.

Bikes can be a harder target to pick up with laser or radar. But only in the fact you need to be a little closer. Laser will still grab a bike at an easy 900 meters, radar can do it up to 700 meters depending on various factors. Instant on speed detection devices mean no warning until the last (usually too late) second. Most everyone here is intelligent enough to know how things work and where the speed enforcement zones can usually be found ...... none of this stuff is rocket science and can be easily found on the internet.
    Last edited by Sikorsky; 03-16-2019 at 09:13 AM.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    For the record I never would run plateless or run from a stop as I'm to old and responsible for that shit. But that post just rubbed me the wrong way.*

Everyone gets that radar detectors are not fool proof or a guarantee that you aren't getting a ticket. And let's be real basically anywhere anytime in this province the tax collectors could setup and nail endless people all day long if they wanted to actually enforce the law. In these parts 10km over is more than common, very commonplace to follow rcmp at 10km over too. #cops speed too*
    "Plate flipper". Handy device to deter joe citizen who feels the need to report every motorcycle he deems is breaking the law. Not that the cops pay any attention to these asshats but best not having your plate reported too many times. I do not have said flipper.

I realize a radar detector will not save your ass if constantly speeding. What it does do is make you more aware of your speed actually slowing you down overall. It's a tool.

Bad company is the worst scenario. If you're riding with others who insist on riding hard on busy/main routes, you take on a lot of ticket risk. My closest calls are with another bike or two.