motorcycle radar detectors - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: motorcycle radar detectors

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    I ordered the mpow that Chia linked(I think in the cardo/packtalk thread), but Amazon directed me to a newer version. Which looks the same. Chia and others have mentioned the mpows plugged right in. And in Chia's pics it's a uniden detector pictured so I'm feeling pretty confident it'll fit.*

i will report back and update as the gear rolls in on the functionality of what I put together.
    I'd also suggest buying the small headphone patch cord I got......has the 90 degree ends and just right for this application:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Thanks for the link. Im guessing the one that comes with it is to long? *Getting pretty stoked, the mount and detector showed up yesterday. Everything else should be here today.*

No worries about covering the bottom of the detector with that stick on metal plate? *Just curious because it'll be blocking a lot of the little vent holes?

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    Best mount is still the magnetic mount from RAM, and a velcro strap over top just for piece of mind, even though you would have to crash to unseat the detector from the magnetic mount.
    I don't even bother with the velcro strap, and i've never had any issues. It also makes it easier to remove at rest/lunch stops.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    I've been using this setup and its pretty good. I bought some flat headphone speakers from amazon for a permanent solution and no aggravating earbuds. The cable from device to hat is bit of a pain but at least it works. Does not interfere with cooling or plugins, or dash view, and fully adjustable. I can put a glad bag over it if it rains.

Last edited by oldgixxer; 06-11-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Looks good.
    Here's what I've got setup and the ups man just delivered the wiring and transmitter! *Time to get busy. I was able to mount it so a good portion of the underneath vent holes aren't covered by the metal piece or the mount. Pretty happy with the placement so far. It doesn't interfere with my gauges at all.

Name:  IMG_1938.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  140.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1937.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  142.7 KB**

Bike
    Ninja1k
    Ordered my mpow and jack cable converter today.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Here's what I'm using to wire it up. Minus the one to four SAE splitter which is in my mailbox down the road. That's the mpow transmitter, industrial Velcro, USB to sae, cig lighter to sae, and a 4ft fused sae to ring terminal battery connector. With the one to four splitter I will have two extra sae outlets for heated gear or whatever future use.* *all from the evil empire, amazonca

* Name:  IMG_1939.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  142.3 KB

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    Thanks for the link. Im guessing the one that comes with it is to long?
    I do not remember it came with any, but if so, yes too long......I wanted the 90 degree plugs and I wanted it to
    be as close to the exact length as required, no extra crap. I leave mine all connected to the top of the detector,
    so treat it as 1 unit, not a number of lose pieces.

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Since having my numbers hit on the lotto max in a two-person group buy I've gone to a new system where I just have my chopper pilot fly a few minutes ahead of me and radio the locations of any radar setups. Works like a charm.
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    Since having my numbers hit on the lotto max in a two-person group buy I've gone to a new system where I just have my chopper pilot fly a few minutes ahead of me and radio the locations of any radar setups. Works like a charm.
    Spend more time here mark......
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Squisher............why do you go counterclockwise when describing the items in the pic?
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I'm left handed. Lol. No idea really. Wasn't looking at the pic when I described the items.*

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    Squisher............why do you go counterclockwise when describing the items in the pic?
    Because he's a commie!
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by sikorsky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldaddygroove View Post
    squisher............why do you go counterclockwise when describing the items in the pic?
    because he's a commie!
    lmao!!!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Here's a couple pics of it all wired up. Cig power on right, USB and extra sae's on left. I have access to the main power fuse if ever needed. I had to black tape the one extra sae because with all of these items there was only one plug between everything, kind of disappointing. Seems fairly clean and compact for what it achieves. Everything is mounted with the industrial Velcro and seems quite secure, was also cheap and easy and no drilling/screwing or whatever of the bike. I mounted my mpow underneath the rammount with Velcro too it's plugged into the USB so will stay charged always.

As I mentioned in the cardo thread I wasn't able to have everything link through the cardo seamlessly so have resigned myself to using Bluetooth earbuds for now for the radar alerts. *So atleast I'm still all wireless, have my music and comms through the cardo speakers, and alerts through the mpow/buds.

Now watch I'll head out today and get my first ticket in a decade. Lol.*

Name:  IMG_2076.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  142.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2074.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  139.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2075.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  138.5 KB*