motorcycle radar detectors - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: motorcycle radar detectors

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Nice setup Squisher.

Let me know how the r1 performs. Mine has not saved me from a ticket. I won't speed in high risk areas regardless. I'm not so sure its as long range as they advertise. I followed a cop with instant on radar about half a klick back. Everytime he met a car I would get 2 faint chirps. No beating instant on.

It's a great tool not to be relied on. It's probably slowed me down if anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ZX14
    Maybe you know this, but on rides I often “test” my radar BT connection by clicking the volume up then down on detector as this will send a sound to my headset letting me know all of working fine.....can never be too safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I did that yesterday too to check it was all working a number times. *I did note that the mpow had a weird resistance noise that transferred through to the earbuds if I tried to charge it while using it, which was disappointing. But I just didn't charge it while in use and had no battery issue for my testing yesterday. *I logged over 300km yesterday and didn't see any police and only a couple of false alerts at the Lumby four way stop that went away if I swapped to city from highway. I did highway six to Edgewood and back. And then a partial repeat in the evening with my wife.*

Certainly a detector isn't any sort of guarantee. I do feel confident in the r1's ability compared to any detector out there based on numerous reviews and testing I've read through on the web. But I haven't experienced it detect any actual radar yet.*

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    I did that yesterday too to check it was all working a number times. *I did note that the mpow had a weird resistance noise that transferred through to the earbuds if I tried to charge it while using it, which was disappointing. But I just didn't charge it while in use and had no battery issue for my testing yesterday. *I logged over 300km yesterday and didn't see any police and only a couple of false alerts at the Lumby four way stop that went away if I swapped to city from highway. I did highway six to Edgewood and back. And then a partial repeat in the evening with my wife.*

Certainly a detector isn't any sort of guarantee. I do feel confident in the r1's ability compared to any detector out there based on numerous reviews and testing I've read through on the web. But I haven't experienced it detect any actual radar yet.*
    Based on my experience, you should not need to charge while riding unless you're out for a very long day......I got concerned past 8hrs, which is why I upgraded to larger battery unit.

If your Uniden is anything like mine, and I believe it's upgraded for sure, so guessing yes, you will get very little to no false signals.

When I'm out riding with other buds who run Redline and V1, the false Ka and Laser signals on those units are never received on mine.

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Yah so far I've had zero falses from civilian vehicle radar systems which is nice and a huge improvement over my old bel unit.*

Just another tool in the box. I don't ride like an ass in populated areas anyways. But I could still find myself a little north of the speed limit as is common for everyone in my locale. So any extra warning/awareness the better. *

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Well earlier today the uniden r1 started alerting easily over a km away on hwy6. I received the alerts through my earbuds and informed my wife over the cardo. We passed by smokey at 80kmph on the button. So far so good. I had ample time to tell my wife and have a little conversation about 'well I don't see anything do you?' Before line of sight was achieved.*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Maybe I got a dud. Cool.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Well it definetly wasn't instant on radar, it was just on. Which has been my experience locally for the most part. But the distance it detected at was impressive to me.*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Well it definetly wasn't instant on radar, it was just on. Which has been my experience locally for the most part. But the distance it detected at was impressive to me.*
    I've noticed that a couple times. Think they want to announce they're out there when they leave it on. I have not seen a lot of radar and/or cops on the road. I think they are shorthanded and too busy with the rampant okanagan crime. Weekends are especially quiet. They want to be with their kids like anyone else.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I see them quite regularly on highway6 between Vernon and lumby. I think they leave it on as a just in case sort of thing. Catch the easy ones or someone driving like a animal with no detector. Today on my way back from work I saw a motorcycle cop and he had no radar on that I was made aware of anyways. And no wave.*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I go to work or come from work late at night often. And tonight the r1 100% saved my ass. It wasn't as much early warning as the last time, but it was enough. Definitely glad I went ahead with it and set it all up.*

Bike
    ZX14
    I go to work or come from work late at night often. And tonight the r1 100% saved my ass. It wasn't as much early warning as the last time, but it was enough. Definitely glad I went ahead with it and set it all up.*
    My detector saved me twice on S2S yesterday morning, 2 traps enroute, both well hidden.....don't leave home without it

FWIW......numerous bikes in opposite direction gave me warnings but not 1 single car did......a lost etiquette in this city, sad.

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I've noticed that in these parts too with cars. Not many give a light flash. And I've given a few bikers the helmet top tap to inform and not really sure if it's been understood. Lol.**

I would like to thank everyone for their patience and advice helping me work through the details of getting this setup. I'll never ride without it again. It's part of my 'gear' now. **

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Ya, most cagers are hoping we get busted. I warn everyone. Flash my high beams and do the whirly thing with my arm, emulating the old revolving red lights they had in the 50s. Seems the youngsters don't get it though. Guess I'll have to get with the times.

Had a guy give me a fist to open hand signal. I didn't have high beams on or a signal light. No idea what that was about.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Rode up to Baker today (the road is in good shape, gravel only in a few corners, mostly at the top)........on the way back, heading toward Peace Arch crossing, picked up stationary radar trap, quick glance at my odometer, then went through a series of rises and descents, sure enough, after cresting a rise, there they were in the shade.

Exactly 1.1 kms after picking up the signal......win
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!