motorcycle radar detectors - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: motorcycle radar detectors

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
    Lots of freaking goats on Westside. Most I've seen. Group of them on the outside of a sharp corner scared the crap outta me. Made me gun-shy the rest of the ride. Buggers.

If I ever disappear from the forum I've probably smoked a deer, bear, goat, horse, or a ffnn testicle truck on my side of the corner. Buggers.
    The sheep there have never really bugged me they've always kept off the pavement. Deer though when headed South and just the reserve a few close calls there.
    Fill the house with bees.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Two of those sheep in my photo were smack dab in my lane when I came upon them. I had to go in the oncoming lane to get by them. I was worried the buggers might have a go at me. Westside Rd is not nearly as fun as Hwy 6 to me, but if I have to go to Kelowna it beats the hell out of hwy97.

I think the false laser that i got Thursday(and the one I got today on my commute home on Hwy 6) are the illegal laser jammers. I had a car let me by right before a couple of real nice corners so I laid into it some and as I came around the first big sweeper I got lit up hard by laser and the only thing coming my way or around was a sport touring bike and as I was practicing emergency braking while cornering I swear he was the one. The signal ended as if it was coming from him. *

So how are people rolling around with these illegal setups? * And not getting busted and thrown in the slammer?

I'm not a fan of laser jammers at all now that I'm potentially getting lit up by them. *

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post

So how are people rolling around with these illegal setups? * And not getting busted and thrown in the slammer?

I'm not a fan of laser jammers at all now that I'm potentially getting lit up by them. *
    LOLOL

Same way people do the myriad of illegal things without getting caught ..... it doesn't happen until they run across the wrong cop. But they aren't very common. I've run across two in 10 years. Most people have enough functioning brain cells to avoid doing something that stupid.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Counter Measures are way better. Dummy second muffler is a smoke bomb launcher. You get two huge shots.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ghafcsCHd7w

Interesting little vid. So I've got to assume now probably not jammers? *Since they aren't mentioned as a source of possible false alerts. Seems they only 'fire' when they are hit by laser themselves. Maybe HID lights? *Maybe WOT? *Maybe adaptive cruise? *Maybe?*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Hit up Westside Rd again yesterday. No wildlife and very little traffic. Seems Monday is a good day for it. The section with the lumpy/sunken pavement can be a handful. I will say second time thru in a matter of days and with the quietness of it I enjoyed it a lot more. A few fine spots on that road for sure.*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Saw a rare sight last weekend. Motorcycle cop between Osoyoos and Rock Creek. I had gotten the cop signal from another biker so was expectant. My R1 might have given me 1/2 klick warning. He didn't wave I didn't wave. They can ticket you for removing hand from steering if I remember right although the local guy waves. Never saw a police bike so far out of town.

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
    Saw a rare sight last weekend. Motorcycle cop between Osoyoos and Rock Creek. I had gotten the cop signal from another biker so was expectant. My R1 might have given me 1/2 klick warning. He didn't wave I didn't wave. They can ticket you for removing hand from steering if I remember right although the local guy waves. Never saw a police bike so far out of town.
    I don't think a ticket for waving would stand. You can remove a hand to indicate turns.

Now if you did a horn mono then maybe you'd get note in the mail.

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    What’s a horn mono?

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    What’s a horn mono?
    Name:  24039.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  78.7 KB

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I don't think a ticket for waving would stand. You can remove a hand to indicate turns.

Now if you did a horn mono then maybe you'd get note in the mail.
    agreed.. thats kinda reaching there. i often see bikers riding one handed as copper drive by and nobody cares.

how is it any different from driving with one arm on the door with window open.?
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I've waved at a few motorcycle cops. I would hope they'd have better things to do then ticket me for it. Most don't wave back it seems.*

Just went overnight to grand coulee and back and not a single radar enforcement was encountered. Crossed at midway and did Hwy 33 on the Canadian side there and back. Was my first time on hwy 33 in about 20plus years. *What a fantastic blazingly fast road.*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    I spend quite a bit of time on 33. Lot's of enforcement around Big White. The Midway cops will set up on the straights outside of Beaverdell. Small town cops are bored and tend to watch for speedsters so anywhere between Greenwood and Beaverdell is game on. It is rare to see them but locals say long weekends are prime time. I avoid long weekend rides.

I remember a story about someone getting a ticket for not having both hands on the bars. Probably here and probably bs. I couldn't find anything mentioned in motorcycle law which they beefed up a few years ago.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    We hit it at a good time then. On the way down the road was mostly dry after the rain we saw Wednesday and almost no traffic from Kelowna to beaverdell and then on to rock creek was quiet too. On the way back the road was dry and quiet. Probably got lucky on my timing.

My earbud radar setup is fantastic. Alerts clear and loud at any speed. I know this not from having being hit by radar much. But from the OCD habit I've developed of hitting the volume button to 'test' everything is still operational.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    We hit it at a good time then. On the way down the road was mostly dry after the rain we saw Wednesday and almost no traffic from Kelowna to beaverdell and then on to rock creek was quiet too. On the way back the road was dry and quiet. Probably got lucky on my timing.

My earbud radar setup is fantastic. Alerts clear and loud at any speed. I know this not from having being hit by radar much. But from the OCD habit I've developed of hitting the volume button to 'test' everything is still operational.
    We all develop "ticks"......its very distinctive.......
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!