motorcycle radar detectors - Page 12
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: motorcycle radar detectors

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I think Danke was joking, as was I about employing my antique detector too.*

But I wasn't joking about the k band hits I saw last week. Same patrol car passed twice on Hwy 6 okanagan.*

When I first heard k band hitting through my earbuds I thought weird spot for stray k, as I travel this section daily. Then it ramped right up and I came around the corner and there he was. I was doing a quick run into town and on my way back. The exact same thing. K band.
    Last edited by Squisher; 07-11-2019 at 09:09 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I'll quit being lazy and program up my detector though to try it out. If I'm correct in my thinking the programmed settings will only affect my advanced setting and not the factory city/highway settings. So I still have the option to just run as I have been. Today my wife and I are going down to Kelowna for a couple of things that luckily are small enough to fit in my saddlebags. So I'll be trying the detector out in a bigger city and then Westside Rd for the journey home m. The only good part about going to Kelowna for me lol.*

Disclaimer. For any law enforcement combing this thread. I don't speed ever, I'm just interested in radar enforcement. *

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    I'll quit being lazy and program up my detector though to try it out. If I'm correct in my thinking the programmed settings will only affect my advanced setting and not the factory city/highway settings. So I still have the option to just run as I have been. Today my wife and I are going down to Kelowna for a couple of things that luckily are small enough to fit in my saddlebags. So I'll be trying the detector out in a bigger city and then Westside Rd for the journey home m. The only good part about going to Kelowna for me lol.*

Disclaimer. For any law enforcement combing this thread. I don't speed ever, I'm just interested in radar enforcement. *
    Lots of freaking goats on Westside. Most I've seen. Group of them on the outside of a sharp corner scared the crap outta me. Made me gun-shy the rest of the ride. Buggers.

If I ever disappear from the forum I've probably smoked a deer, bear, goat, horse, or a ffnn testicle truck on my side of the corner. Buggers.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Funny you should say that. And not to be cantankerous but they're sheep. Not goats.

* * * * *Name:  IMG_2094.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  125.1 KB

We also saw a bear cub, super light cinnamon. You'd have swore it was a grizzly cub besides where we were at. My wife wanted to pull over and snap a photo but where there's a cub you know there's a momma around not far off so I kept us moving.

*Name:  IMG_2098.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  156.1 KB

Took a break down by the creek. It was a nice ride but I can't ever see really opening it up on Westside rd the way it's populated now. Cottages/homes and people all over the place. *

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Bloody hell sideways pics. The bane of my existence.*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I had to holler at my wife and another lady who pulled over. They were set to walk right up to those goats...errr I mean sheep and pet them or something. Two of them stood up and started looking a little nervous. I was shaking my head, no matter how bullheaded you are you aren't gonna win that battle.*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    Thanks for the link. Interesting info.*

So to kick the bees nest. Laser jammers are legal.....or illegal? *In BC?

I had a laser alert today near oyama when I was just pulling back on the highway to catch my wife who I had pulled over and waited for. I was in 1st gear WOT so was 'safe' but then on the big hill from oyama over to Winfield moments later I was lit up with ka band hard. Which would've seemed like instant on I would think? *But with both alerts I visually didn't see anyone. This was with the advanced setting after I customized it this morning to the specs in the link from kmph/ca.*

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    Jammers are illegal in BC.
    I still get the occasional false laser signal
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Interesting. So that radar forum has it wrong then? *They claim they are not illegal in bc, Alberta, and Saskatchewan?

Just curious really. I'm not looking to put together a radar/laser setup worth as much as my bike. Lol.

I didn't know that about the false laser alerts. That's the first one I've had so far. *

Bike
    Honda
    Laser jammers are illegal to use, not to possess. Lasers also now show specific error codes that display when their signal is being manipulated, aka "jammed". So you are now escalating things far beyond a speeding ticket into a criminal charge of Obstruction of a Peace Officer.

I had one show up in a Supercharged Camaro convertible. The car was held in impound for about 2 months as a search warrant was written, approved and served. Then the car was taken apart, jammer found, seized and charges forwarded. Quite a nice set-up. Completely built in and well hidden, display integrated into the dash, turned on as soon as the car was started. It took quite a bit of dis-assembly to locate all the pieces. I found out from the install shop it was about a $5000.00 bit of kit. The registered owner and driver then had to work out paying for storage fees and arrange pickup.

Just stick with the detector, it's a lot less inconvenience.
    Last edited by Sikorsky; 07-12-2019 at 08:12 PM.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    RC
    Headed back to the interior Tuesday there was a laser setup just before the scales on #1. They had the KA on too so no surprises.
    Fill the house with bees.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Great info. I figured from looking it was something like that. That they were legal to own, but not to use other than for parking or whatever they pseudo sell them for.*

Radar it is! *Lol.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Headed back to the interior Tuesday there was a laser setup just before the scales on #1. They had the KA on too so no surprises.

Westside rd the way it's populated now. Cottages/homes and people all over the place. *
    i kind of figured this would be the case going forward... been up there a couple of times last season and i was pretty impressed with

all the new fancy "accomodations".. it will be its own little town soon enough.. it was busy yes
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Bloody hell sideways pics. The bane of my existence.*

yup.. you can rotate them in your phone until they look right on your desktop. saved and uploaded again..

But I wasn't joking about the k band hits I saw last week. Same patrol car passed twice on Hwy 6 okanagan.*

i thought there was no k band use in BC either but i've spotted it once this season.
    Guess Chia is correct above, rare but maybe not dead.

EDIT/update: i can confirm there is both K and Ka band in use here in BC.. got lit up on both last weekend.

riding in the immediate interior out to Revelstoke..

quick search on Ka band reveals:

Radar guns used by traffic police often switch between X, K and Ka bands, yet they often stay longer with the Ka band. Since false alerts are rare in the case of Ka bands and alerts on it are slightly more delayed, make sure you slow down right away when you see or hear an alert detecting it.Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited by bacchus40; 07-17-2019 at 09:53 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.