BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if an 03 600rr front end will fit an f4i and if not what does someone need to make it work. im asking for someone else

thanks

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Check the more Honda specific discussion forums.

But something you can check in the meantime is to go around to the dealers with a tape measure in hand and check the distance from the top of the lower clamp surface to the axle. If it's the same or within about 1/2 a cm then it's at least possible. If it's out by more than that then it's a dead duck before you even start. This is because it would alter your steering specs by too much. If it's within 1/2 a cm then the next issue is if the steering head axle will fit or if it can be replaced with the F4i one pressed into the lower clamp or if you can get different bearings to allow the fit. Measure the height of the steering stem and if the length is long enough then it may work. Then there's the wheel compatibility that may require the use of the RR front wheel and rotors.

It's a lot of effort and cost for not much benifit other than bling though. You can modify the internals of the F4i forks to make them perform just as well and for a ton less money and effort.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, actually the guy just backed out from buying my front end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts