BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its sunny out and I'm getting the itch for some twistie road.

I'm planning on heading out to Sumas Mountain this afternoon for a little fun. Its a ways outside of Vancouver but well worth it. Anyone wishing to come, here are the details:

Meet Point...

232 Chevron off the No1 @ 2:30pm on the south side of the highway. Sumas Mountain is off of exit 95 on Hwy No.1 . Please be early as opposed to late;) .

After this ride, its my intention to meet with the group @ Starbucks on Robson/Thurlow @ 6pm.

If you need to contact me, feel free to @ 604-802-9510.

atom

heres a small map of the mountain....

·
Nutrition guy
1,315 Posts
That was an awesome ride. It was good to see so many people turn out. So many nice bikes at one time:D I took a few pictures and I hope to get them developed soon so we could post them.

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
A good mix of riders. A couple revvers attracting the Feds, but that can be avoided. Just a reminder when you are on your bike please wear your leathers. I used mine today (and my frame sliders) and what could have been a real downers day turned into a set of broken stand spools. Wear the gear and ride within your limits. Sometimes the road will shorten your limits though. Keep an eye out on those group rides.

·
Sho'Nuff!
132 Posts
yeah it was fun until the police came :D
Glad to hear almost no damage on your bike cosworth!

·
ice cream poser
782 Posts
Sweet ride all right. I'm glad so many people turned up - I got to put a lot of aliases to faces today. I'll remember some of your guys' names...until next time! Today would have been PERFECT too save for a small mishap...ahem...namely RUNNING OVER A FRIGGIN NAIL somewhere. Imagine going down No. 1 at about 145k's wondering what the @&#@$ is wrong as your bike feels like it's wobbling/fishtailing. Eventually i stopped on the shoulder, and the air on the back tire was COMPLETELY gone. Yes, things could have been much worse.

Thanks to atom for bailing me out, you da man!! Honestly i really owe you for helping me. Least i can do is lunch on me next time we go ridin :rider

OK, time for a much needed sleep...then back to the world of work :(

Roy

·
Sho'Nuff!
132 Posts
glad to hear that your alright :cool have fun at work tommorow, I'm calling in sick haha :laughing

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Glad to hear everyone had a good time. Its pretty hard to keep it "low key" when theres that many bikes. But anything we can do to keep them off our asses would be great. Responsible riding is the name of the game when your in groups. Next time though, we're gonna have to keep the groups a little smaller for that area. I don't think Constable Friendly liked it when he came around the corner an saw 20 bikes sitting on the side of the road:) .

Cosworth, good to see that you we okay and came out with "minor" damage. I'm gonna have to pick up a set of frame sliders real quick. The stories you hear on the boards about bend frames and stuff are put to bed when you see the protection that you receive with them first hand. I'd like to thank you and your buddy (is he on the board) for coming out and promoting a safe ride.

F4i_2, no worries man. Its all about helping out a fellow rider. I'd expect the same from anyone else;) . Its all part of responsible riding and I'm happy to lend a helping hand. Your bike should be @ Motorcycle World this afternoon. You can call them and there's a link to their website is in the BCSB link page for their address. Your bike should be there and fixed pretty quick......unless I find a buyer for it;) .

Human, thanks for helping out bro. Its always nice to have someone you trust to help keep the group together. Thanks Bro...

Good stuff everyone....and the seasons still young,

atom

BTW: I know that the odds that the 3 people on the No.1 that slowed or stop to ask if F4i_2 and I were okay are signed up on the board. But I have to give them props for stopping and asking. Its nice to see that people, especially riders are willing to help others in need. And one more thing.....one of the guys that asked if we needed help was riding a Harley, so they're not all bad:) .

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
The guy on the Hog just wanted to have a story for his buddies that he actually saw a sportbike broken down for once. :D

D

·
0 Posts
yep, i'm here. had a great time sunday, cept for the gravel lowside poor cosworth did. thankfully i was far enough behind him not to get target fixation and run him over. good to see such a large group play and ride safe for the most part. once the weather turns i'd recommend a trip up mt baker. great twisty road up, and of course you can have a snowball fight in the middle of summer. just have to watch out for the outside corners. the drop off is killer.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to see you made it over doug...looking forward to warmer weather and clean roads. I'm in on a Baker run for sure. We'll be getting a group together to run the loop as well. We've just got to wait for the roads to clear a bit more and we're there.

atom

BTW: :flip WELCOME:flip

D

·
0 Posts
i think the next big event for us is going to be a full pocketbike day. just need to make minor repairs to one and finish paying for another and we are off to the races. need a good "free" location to ride them as well. curbs and speed bumps are a no no.

·
Registered
634 Posts
let me know when you do it... I'm going to be getting my helmet cam setup pretty quick and I want to film this craziness. I love that deals gap pocketbike video.... sweet

-arai-

P

·
0 Posts
:rider
As the token female, and the odd "woman" out, I just wanted to say thanks guys for making me feel part of the group. I am not much into racing around those corners yet, but I still managed to have a good time.

It was pretty cool to see that many sportbikes heading down the highway!:D

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Pixie that sure is a sweet looking Ninja. Two nicks on it that you can barely see. Looks brand new. Glad you came out.

·
Nutrition guy
1,315 Posts
Pixie, I will bring my wife next time. She has a Smokin Joe CBR. That way our rides won't become too testosterone driven :laughing Cosworth, good to see the frame sliders held. I think I will get some too because I ride the twisties pretty hard. I almost bailed on the upper road when I hit some barkmulch and fish tailed like crazy :eek Guys I apologize about my wheelie freakin' friends especially the guy that skitches (Nick). He's nuts :rider

1 - 16 of 16 Posts