BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those who are interested it is 19 days till we do spokane, its around 75USD per day

just show up 8am and ride, it would be a great experience for all those who just finished the westwood school to put the new found skills to the test

·
K1200S
255 Posts
It looks like I might not be able to go now. I have a Portland trackday the day after Spokane and apparently the tech inspectors at Portland are very strict about the 80-90% tread rule on tires. If I do Spokane the day before, I'm sure my tires will have less than 80% tread. I won't have time to install new tires as I'll be driving straight from Spokane to Portland. I've already paid for the Portland trackday so I don't want to cancel. I really want to race , er ride with you guys at Spokane. What do you think, anybody?

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Hmm, spokane is a left hand track... PIR a right one. I wouldn't think you would have problems in tech (Though i doubt my words are much re-assurance)

Whos holding the PIR track day?

Almost40 said:
It looks like I might not be able to go now. I have a Portland trackday the day after Spokane and apparently the tech inspectors at Portland are very strict about the 80-90% tread rule on tires. If I do Spokane the day before, I'm sure my tires will have less than 80% tread. I won't have time to install new tires as I'll be driving straight from Spokane to Portland. I've already paid for the Portland trackday so I don't want to cancel. I really want to race , er ride with you guys at Spokane. What do you think, anybody?

·
K1200S
255 Posts
I thought about the left and right hand thing but I don't think tech spec will buy that excuse. How much tire do you think you lose at Spokane in one day?

B.C. Sportbike Riders Association (http://www.bcsra.iwarp.com/)
They still have room if anybody is interested.

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
hey gene, too many variables bud. It really depends on what tires you're using. If you're on streets, i would say no problem. If you got race compound tires than theres no real gaurantee

I rode with the BCSRA last yr. Yes they're pretty adament about your gear/bike being in top notch condition but, i think you'll be fine with only 1 track day on the left side.

Again, im not much help. Haha.

Almost40 said:
I thought about the left and right hand thing but I don't think tech spec will buy that excuse. How much tire do you think you lose at Spokane in one day?

B.C. Sportbike Riders Association (http://www.bcsra.iwarp.com/)
They still have room if anybody is interested.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
$90 US a day at Spokane now.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just got news that one our friends is going to try and meet us on monday after the knox hill climb on sunday, so hes going to come straight down, after

ive already shotgunned a ride around the track at lunch or in the morning if we are allowed

cant wait to see what a real driver can do with a 993 twin turbo, so i can see how much faster he is than tchan, LOL:D

hey maybe we can settle the debate tchan and pat have, in which would be faster the 993 or a bike, ill video tape the whole thing from the passenger seat

T

·
0 Posts
KIT: you do like to create flames?? But anyways, i am interested to find out myself...;)

And for Gene, I am coming on Sunday nite after my Portland race to do the Monday track day, so i don't see why you can't make it to Portland on Sunday nite.It's only about 5 hrs. drive.
And for the tread thing, my race compound still have lots of tread left (more than 80%) after 4 qualifying races (4 laps each), 4 races (10 laps) all in one day at Portland AND 7 sessions (20min each) at Streets of Willow w/ Keith Code AND another full day of track day at Streets of Willow. And we are talking about SOFT compound on the front tire.
One day of Spokane at leisure pace will not thrash your tires, trust me, unless you have street compound and a high power bike and you are spinning the rear every corner...
let's come play:cool

tc

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i do like to start sh*t, LOL it keeps me entertained since i get bored so easily

so is anyone else on this board coming or is it just our friends again,

come on guys less chat and come see what you are your bike are actually capable of

bmatthews - your coming right?? after mission youll love spokane and its seemless pavement

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
I'm itching to go...but then again that could the head lice.

Oh that reminds me, Darc' can I borrow your helmet?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Kit said:
bmatthews - your coming right?? after mission youll love spokane and its seemless pavement
I wish..... Gotta give the wife equal time. We're already booked for a rally in Cache Creek. It's actually a really good time but now that I've got the racing bug.....

You guys doing another Spokane run later this summer?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BMatthews said:

I wish..... Gotta give the wife equal time. We're already booked for a rally in Cache Creek. It's actually a really good time but now that I've got the racing bug.....

You guys doing another Spokane run later this summer?
yep june 28 and 29, hope to see you there

1 - 14 of 14 Posts