BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Fuh-coffee we will go
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was feeling nostalgic and dug out my old Monty Nolder skateboard from my high school days (1984 ish). Independent trucks, Powell Peralta Crossbones wheels, Bones bearings. Do I dare and take it for a skate? ATTGATT right? So anyhow, anyone out there with 80's skateboards hiding in there closets, post up pics, cheers

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
I spent a lot of my time working, scraping together money to build my skateboards when I was kid.. for a long time they were my only mode of transportation. I loved that stuff, hanging at the bowl , Cal Streets, PT's skate shop, Thrasher and Transworld mags.
I finally got my dream set up, a blue Roskopp #3 gull wing trucks and kryptonite wheels. .Then it got stolen and I quit cold turkey. sigh. I wish I still had it. I got back into boards years later with the "new" twin tip trick boards with little wheels, but soon moved onto other things again.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,810 Posts
My roomate has a bit of a collection going...but the yoda/mullen deck is mine :p

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
wow, I had that old Firefly only in green. Never thought i'd see one of those again.

·
Registered
518 Posts
lol, love the fire fly, my buddy got one of those things, I had the bigger one, I think it was made by dsc, then I got my first real board, the vision Gonzales, and thats all I rode from then on in, oh and a couple jason lee boards....lovin the old school pics...Cal streets, hahaha havent heard that name since expo 86 lol!! I bought a cal streets 'goo' watch from them hahaha, and my mullen t shirt....ahhhhhh the memories....

·
Fuh-coffee we will go
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those Tony Hawk and Steve Caballero decks, or any original Bones Brigades NOS decks are going for some serious coin now, even in thrashed condition. I've seen from $500 up to $1700 depending on condition. I had a Hosoi Hammerhead and a Gater deck with Gullwing trucks too. Sigh.

I had a McGill, Tracker trucks, Sims wheels, it got stolen. What a pissoff that was.

My roomate has a bit of a collection going...but the yoda/mullen deck is mine :p

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,810 Posts
Those Tony Hawk and Steve Caballero decks, or any original Bones Brigades NOS decks are going for some serious coin now, even in thrashed condition. I've seen from $500 up to $1700 depending on condition.
Yea, my roomate's been at this for a while now, he's well aware of some of the prices. (http://www.artofskateboarding.com/ is great for this). He's a 'picker' tho, so he never pays retail! :p

Apparently, in mint condition, my 93' mullen yoda slick is anywhere from $1000-$1500!... and here I was.. just grinding the shit out of it!

·
Tai-Pan
3,681 Posts
I was looking into old skateboards and the new retro boards awhile back just out of curiosity.
Like Carbonfiberocket says some of the old stuff is worth a few bucks especially those old bouncy aluminum decks ,duraflex or silver streak maybe?
Personally I liked the concave decks.

·
Fuh-coffee we will go
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got DVD versions of Future Primitive and The Search for Animal Chin at home, but I just ordered this Bluray, Bones Brigade: Autobiography (that's been out for a frikkin' year now and I never looked for it). It looks awesome for anyone who followed the pioneers of skating.

·
lover of twins
6,071 Posts
anybody here ever build a half-pipe in their backyard?

my buddy next and i (we had to be about 14 or so) put one in his yard with lots of "donated" lumber. when we were talking about building it it was all about sourcing the right transitions for the ramp. his neighbour had a couple of great danes and when we were on the ramp they would run back and forth along the fence line following us on the ramp.

·
license to chill
2,865 Posts
Vision Jinx - Marty Jimenez but fully covered in stickers.

Sims One Buck - Buck Smith

Set up with Indy trucks, Santa Cruz Slimeballs, Vision rails, german bearings, full sandpaper top. I remember putting a hole in my shoes on the side of my foot from all the ollieing - able to get over 2 decks stacked.

·
Fuh-coffee we will go
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
You kids!
My skateboarding was on steel wheels screwed onto a 2x6 or a piece of 3/4 plywood and slaloming Delbrook & Lonsdale ... In bare feet!

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
I was in Costco the other day, saw the long boards they had, and thought, hey, I'll see if I still remember how to do this. Nope.

·
lover of twins
6,071 Posts
You kids!
My skateboarding was on steel wheels screwed onto a 2x6 or a piece of 3/4 plywood and slaloming Delbrook & Lonsdale ... In bare feet!

your skatebaord had wheels?!?!

fack, you must have been pretty rich.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts