BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok il will try and make this short.
Many years ago i purchased a 1983 Honda V45 Magna and i absolutely love this bike. I have used it for many years, both as my primary vehicle, and just for fun. Ive never dropped it, or had any sort of accident. Although over the years its taken some scratches from grocery carrying, work bags and hard hats. Basically its been a bit abused. I recently moved and finally am getting my bike brought up to me and i figured i would do some good and get the bike redone. And im thinking everything from engine tuned, tank and side covers re painted including the stock stickers re applied if i can find them, seat definitely needs redone as well. And of course some all around TLC and some scrubbing.

Questions i have for any of you able to assist me are as follows:

First of all, the current seat on the bike is the stock base frame, with a smooth leather upholstery. I have been trying to find out what the original stock seat looked like for this bike, does anyone know for sure and if so have a photo that i can get to my upholster guy here so he can get it made up.

What are some key things of this bike, engine and tuning wise, that i should bring up with mechanics to have done. I am not very good with this sort of stuff and need advice on what i should be asking to have done so i dont go in asking for it to work better. I have so far been told that the carbs will most likely need done, as well as another pointer in regards to points or needles being replaced? Sorry not sure what this means, but was told its important and since the carbs are being pulled i should have this done as well. Is this so?

If i take this in to get re painted, tank and side covers, how hard will it be to get the stickers or logos replaced? The Honda ones on the tank and the V45 ones on the side covers.

I got new tires on it, new headlight, and signal light mounts all replaced. Old ones cracked and started to droop. Exhaust is basically mint, no rust, chrome is still perfect.
Any recommendations on how to scrub the engine and all components down so they become black again? Currently they look like they have a grey film on them, if you just rub it with a cloth or anything it comes off fairly easily. Just wondering about an easier to to do the entire thing.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. I really do enjoy this bike and i personally believe its well worth investing into. My goal is to have this bike working as good, or better, than when it was released. I look forward to hearing from any of you and i hope together with your help i can have this bike ready in its full glory for the beginning of spring next year.

Thanks

P.S. Photo i posted of the bike is from when i purchased it, i do not have any more recent ones. Currently its in very similar condition, seat is torn, tank is faded and scratched a bit, and its a bit dirty from a year in storage.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Mostly sportbikes here, but I suggest you'll really find considerably more info here:

http://v4musclebike.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4
V4muscle bike will serve you well. I owned the identical bike a few years back.

You can find new stickers for your bike on Ebay, as good or better than stock. Seat covers as well, those i found to be sub standard.

If you need parts you should try Dave Graff at New Life Cycle in Williams Lake, he has a lot of old iron in his warehouse.

Best of luck on your project, please keep us updated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts