BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Burn it up
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....just want to intoduce myself to the club.....I just picked up a 1987 Honda Hurricane 600 from a friend. I have been trying to find out everything I can about the bike, and I am interested if any of u have personal experiences or knowledge about the bike. One thing I found was an article on the honda website, u guys can check it out here http://www.hondamotorcycle.com/milestonemodels/1987hurricane/ it actually made me feel pretty good about my purchase. The bike looks/runs beautiful. What shops/people do you guys reccomend for repairs ? I have only owned dirtbikes b4, and I did a lot of the work on them myself, with the help/garage of my uncle, but thats not really available anymore. I need a few things right away...

valve adjustment....replace front fork seals....tune up...how much should I be paying for this ? I am a poor college student right now, so I like to do things as economical as possible :cool

Well ill leave it at that for now, I dont really have any friends with bikes, so hopefully there will be some meets/rides locally that I can join in.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Goody goody I get to be first.

:flip WELCOME ABOARD :flip

I've got an F2 for track days. I had no idea these old Hondas were such a good bike.

Get a manual and ask question. Gotta go now before someone beats me to the first greeting line......... :D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Welcome. Wow, I just read that blurb on the Hurricane. 85 horsepower is what my bike is supposed to put out stock!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
yup, the hurricanes were great bikes, they are also very compact, place them alongside the newer 600s and you will be surprised. There used to be a guy that rode a hurricane up to SFU in the spring of 2001, nice silver, was very impressed, neat, tidy package, great bike no doubt about it....

·
Back Again!!
852 Posts
Welcome!:flip

new and old, as long as it runs and is in safe running condition, then ride it!

any Honda dealership can check it out for ya and do what services are needed..(recomended)

be seeing ya on the next ride!

:rider

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
:flip welcome to da site :flip

:)

the old 600 cbrs, they were unmatched back in da day..... :rider

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
:flip Welcome:flip ...to the board.

·
Registered
842 Posts
5th Gear in Whiterock/South surrey charges reasonable rates and the Hurricane sold well enough and is a "traditional" engine that it's not a big deal to work on.

Also Imperial on Lane St in Burnaby know their stuff. You'll pay a higher hourly labour rate at dealers opposed to the 2 shops I just mentioned. If you want to save $$ take just the forks into the shop for new seals. You'll have to take the fork legs off and on yourself but you'll probably save 2 hours in labour charges.

I could also do that for you. PM me if you want to bring it over. The key, is like Bruce said. Get a shop manual. They've got everything you need to know. The old Hurricane was a good bike. They were beating RG500s at Westwood.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Yeah, the old Hurricanes are supposed to be great bikes, as long as they don't look like this one:

:D

I used to have an F2 and it was just simply wicked...especially as a second bike.

·
Burn it up
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey guys.....thanks for the welcome :D

:eek hmm....I guess that blue cbr is the streebike version of a riceboy.....but usually the ricers advertise something better then they have :p j/k to all those kawy boys

Dirtybill.....sounds good......im not in an extreme rush to have this done.....but ill contact u a little later this week....would appreciate ur help

that being said.....I was out enjoying the weather today....gotta luv that sunshine at WOT.....catch u guys on the road :rider

1 - 10 of 10 Posts