BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran low on fuel just recently and drove a good distance on reserve. Now when I turn on my bike I don't hear the fuel pump. There is a clicking noise from the relay so I am assuming It's ok. Is it possible I plugged the fuel line or fuel filter? The fuel pump would still work either way, wouldn't it? Any advice would help, not keen on spending a fortune on a fuel pump right now.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Ran low on fuel just recently and drove a good distance on reserve. Now when I turn on my bike I don't hear the fuel pump. There is a clicking noise from the relay so I am assuming It's ok. Is it possible I plugged the fuel line or fuel filter? The fuel pump would still work either way, wouldn't it? Any advice would help, not keen on spending a fortune on a fuel pump right now.
A little more info, please.

Does the starter work? Does the engine turn over but not start?

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
Without all the details, it is a good chance that something got stuck somewhere, by running your bike out of fuel the pump will suck everything thats in the tank...so you may have a plugged filter or screen...or if there is moisture that was at the bottom it may be in the system...on the good side you may just not be trying hard enough to start the bike. If your doing little start bursts, try winding it with no or very little throttle for 15 seconds at a time.

You did fill the bike up??? with gas??? No?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no buzzing sound from the fuel pump at all when I try to start only a click sound from the relay.Tank is full, tried jump starting it from second gear as well with no combustion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
With running the bike so low on fuel I believe It might be possible the fuel pump or filter may be clogged? Direct power to the pump only made a clicking noise not the normal priming sound. If the pump and filter are cleaned out might the mighty gsxr work again? Is the fuel pump serviceable?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
There is no buzzing sound from the fuel pump at all when I try to start only a click sound from the relay.Tank is full, tried jump starting it from second gear as well with no combustion.
Seems like fuel pump no worky. Is it fused? Check that first, then connections, then test pump itself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After further testing it is time for a new fuel pump. Re-install of pump into tank requires new gasket seal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts