BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok its time to put two and two together.
I just got my custom braced swingarm back from the powdercoaters,looks good to me!

Mod's :new top rail that goes all the way back to the rear axle pivit point(like Suzuki should have done in the first place) boxed in swingarm,with the brake line running through the swingarm it's self.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now I just have to figure out how to glue it to this part?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Well, first of all, you take that little hammer in the bottom right of picture two, and take that roll of duct tape and wrap it around the two of them so they hold (snuggly, don't let it get loose), then with the hammer, you keep whacking it until they indent into each other. ;)

What I wouldn't give to have the money/time/space to sit and play with bikes.. I really should take a course on mechanics.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Come hang with me............you'll go broke in no time, but you'll have fun doin it !

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I better get to work GF wants me to eat sushi tonight.......ow boy,have to fill up my lighter so I can finish cookin the fish, in that little wooden box they want you to drink out of !

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
absolutdm said:
Well, first of all, you take that little hammer in the bottom right of picture two, and take that roll of duct tape and wrap it around the two of them so they hold (snuggly, don't let it get loose), then with the hammer, you keep whacking it until they indent into each other. ;)

What I wouldn't give to have the money/time/space to sit and play with bikes.. I really should take a course on mechanics.
After THAT description I should say so............... :rolleyes

:flip

Lookin' very good PH-Q2 :cool I take it there is a little joiner line to connect the stub in swingarm to the caliper? How much to weld all that up? And where in the hell did you find a guy that you trust with aluminium around your neck of the woods?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No the brake line itself runs right through the swigarm .
And for welders,my silent partner is one of the best welders in the valley. I wouldn't be in buisness without him!,or if I was ,things would be alot more $.
Ya this guy can weld ,and he know's his metal's,Titainium,Magnezieum,aluminum,he does em all,ow stainless to,he does a lot of big ticket items,and like I say,I'd be payin through the nose without him?

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
PH-Q2 said:
No the brake line itself runs right through the swigarm .
Ahh, OK. It looked like that little stub of tube for the brake line was meant to be threaded. In the pic it doesn't look like you could get a fitting through there but I guess it's bigger than it looks.

You're a lucky guy to have a welder like that for a partner and buddy. I can do adequite welding with steel but alu. is a whole different story. I'm learning more about it but the more I learn the more I realize I don't know.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well don't stop tryin aluminum is an art to weld,I just sit back and shake my head at some of te sculptures that my partner dose for people,I mean a single brace to Dave can turn into a piece of art for him ? I can't wait till he does the Titainum head work for this pipe,at a hundred bucks a pound for Ti filler rod,I'm gunna be handing them over to him verry slowly,and probably remind him of the price of every rod ,as he birns it up.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
PH-Q2 said:
...........Ti filler rod,I'm gunna be handing them over to him verry slowly,and probably remind him of the price of every rod ,as he birns it up.
:roflmao

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well with a little work with the hammer, and some duct tape,it all came together,waiting for first coat of paint to get here now.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
PH-Q2 said:
well with a little work with the hammer, and some duct tape,it all came together,waiting for first coat of paint to get here now.
Glad to hear my tips paid off for you. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts