BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a relief! I just installed the 2 way paging alarm I bought, and to my relief the signal comes through just fine. I had a buddy of mine go and set off the alarm while I was in the apartment and it works like a charm!:rockon I was really concerned about it because the underground is like the black hole of all wireless signals!

·
Cafe style Racer
138 Posts
Good News

RavenR1 said:
What a relief! I just installed the 2 way paging alarm I bought, and to my relief the signal comes through just fine. I had a buddy of mine go and set off the alarm while I was in the apartment and it works like a charm!:rockon I was really concerned about it because the underground is like the black hole of all wireless signals!
Now all you need to do is time how fast you can get down there with your bat in hand......my running time is 1 min 36 sec, but I feel with a few adjustments i can shave 10-20 sec easy...haha...but seriously, I am looking to get the same for my bike...were did you get it? and how much did you pay?
Cheers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the Scorpio SR-i500s. Kevin at BaysidePerformance hooked me up with the best deal I could find. The guy delivered it right to my door...awsome service.

It takes me 24 secs to get from lying down in my bed...to my bike. Eaton pro pattern 72 in hand!

·
busa_tom
221 Posts
RavenR1 said:
It's the Scorpio SR-i500s. Kevin at BaysidePerformance hooked me up with the best deal I could find. The guy delivered it right to my door...awsome service.

It takes me 24 secs to get from lying down in my bed...to my bike. Eaton pro pattern 72 in hand!
I have read great things about that alarm! I am glad you got a great price! When you installed it, did you get a kit specifically for your bike or did you slice it into your bikes wiring?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The seperate wire kit they sell is a total rip off though......They sell it for 25 bucks....I'm sure you can get the connectors from suzuki, or Yamaha for 3 bucks max.......I made my own harness......had some spare aircraft connectors lying around in my toolbox( they where spares ...I swear:angel)
But in my opinion ....done properly (solder & heat shrink) there's nothing wrong with simply wiring it into your bike's harness without any patch harnesses.

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
How long did it take and how difficult was the install?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Glad in works that good from the underground thats awesome!

Thanks for the buisness.

Your not the only one that likes my to your door service.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How long did it take and how difficult was the install?
If you can screw in a lightbulb...you can install this alarm.

If you use the splices and things given in the kit I'd say an hour and your done.

I'm not a big fan of those "quick splices" you get with flushmount signals, and various splice accesories you get with aftermarket kits. I prefer hermetically sealed splices...or solder and heat shrink.

I soldered and heat shrunk the wires together...so maybe 2hours?

I would also reccomend using a multimeter to confirm the wires you are splicing into. The colour code chart they give you may be incorrect as it was in my case. But still no biggie. I knew where the turnsignal wires/connector was cuz I had already been in there when I installed my integrated tail light/turnsignal.

It's basically five wires: -left turnsignal
-Right turnsignal
-Battery +
- Gnd
- Acc

·
Registered
66 Posts
i live in a appartment there is a 3floor underground you have to drive down a ramp im on the first floor and live 2 stories up i was wondering if that alarm would work for me?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i live in a appartment there is a 3floor underground you have to drive down a ramp im on the first floor and live 2 stories up i was wondering if that alarm would work for me?
Hmmm....not sure. I'm in surrey often enaugh visiting a buddy of mine. I'd be willing to go over to your place and give it a try.

B

·
0 Posts
The easiest way to tell is to ask a friend with 2-ways alarm on his car / bike to try it. But you can also try the range by using indoor cordless phone, wifi laptop and your FM radio. If your phone or laptop works, good chance the alarm will work. If you can't even listen to FM radio in the parking, it is a black hole. In between, 50/50.

·
busa_tom
221 Posts
I read a few negative remarks about the remote battery life on that model, can you let us know how fast it eats through batteries? I am going to start saving up for one anyways, but look forward to your feedback.
Thanks

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Nice, glad to hear it works...I was thinking about getting one for my bike as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts