BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey just curious, was looking around for a starter bike, and as i have been reading on here everyone has there own opinions... which is expected so i thought i would ask.... Do you think this is a decent price and deal, and would you say its okay for a starter bike...I am sure it would need a tune up and check up..but thought i would ask before i look further into it...

2001 Kawi 250r Ninja, 1650km's Blue/Silver. Female driver. $3000.00

·
I am the liquor
798 Posts
If it hasn't been rebuilt, looks like a good deal. Check the title and VIN, and get it checked out by a mechanic first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bike as far as i know and can tell is not rebuilt or been crashed... And yeah before a final purchase i would have it looked at but yeah i think its a pretty good deal...just wanting to know if it was just me or a all around "Hell yeah its a good deal"!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont think its the same bike as its in alberta at the moment.... but i have seen others same look on here two... (Same type) just this ones price and kms sound good.. just wanted others input before i get my self in deeper... and maybe too deep.. hehe.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
If it's in Alberta then it won't be the subject of our crazy west coast prices. It may even be only fair for the Alberta market pricing.

At only 1650 kms the darn thing is barely broken in!

By rebuilt I suspect the folks here mean rebuilt as in all new stuff due to some accident or other where the insurance company sells it off and some shop rebuilds the damage. Not the usual sense of the engine being grenaded and rebuilt.

·
I do all my own stunts
3,295 Posts
wtf? 5 years and 1650? just over 300km a year? what the hell is a matter with people?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've seen a GS500 for about that price, mid to late 90's model. Do you think a 500 cc would be a better option?

·
Smooth Operator
642 Posts
DAMN dude! Thats a really good deal if it all checks out. I paid $3500 for mine, and it had 20 000 km on it! (2001 250 ninja) Mine also had some cosmetic damage, but its a started bike, cosmetic doesnt really matter. If you dont get it, email me, ill pick er up lol. Good luck!

B

·
0 Posts
prices in the buysell for 250ninjas go for 4-5 grand, and those 250's have waaay more mileage on em.

·
license to chill
2,869 Posts
I was initially looking for this bike and the five I viewed in this price range were way older and had 25k+ on them with minor damage.

Price is almost too good to be true, unless it's a "leaving the country Monday" fire sale. Definitely don't skip the magic three: vin, lien, inspection.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts