BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

2002 Kawi 636 ZX-6R

976 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  arai 
#1 ·
So how come Human hasn't mentioned this bad boy yet? ;)

I was flipping through my latest copy of Superbike (May 2002) and noticed that they devoted a few pages to it. What I'm unsure of is the numbers though, they quote 118hp and 57lb/s of torque.. I'm assuming this is not at the wheel, as that would be a HUGE leap in power for a small leap in displacement..

Anyone have more info on it?

#2 ·
that is crank numbers. dunno why they went to 636, I think it was for a bit more torque, not power, cause the of the 100hp limit on motorcycles in some european countries.... that's why I doubt we'll see manfauctuers get more hp outta there 600s even though they can if they wanted to....

And that is the main reason I believe that the VFR is only making 100hp because of the european market.

#3 ·
Doing a little more reading, it's STILL CARB'D!!!

It doesn't mention whether they got rid of the RESERVE/switch yet...

And it wasn't a very flattering article.. and the bike looks terrible with WAY too many graphics.. maybe just a euro version?

#4 ·
adamantium said:
Doing a little more reading, it's STILL CARB'D!!!

It doesn't mention whether they got rid of the RESERVE/switch yet...

And it wasn't a very flattering article.. and the bike looks terrible with WAY too many graphics.. maybe just a euro version?
Dont knock it if you havent ridden it yet, maybe you'll like it more than your R6:cool

#6 ·
I like the part in the article where they state something like "If you cant win, cheat" :D :laughing it still wont be enough though, it IS still a kawi after all :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.