BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Some pretty awesome deals on new bikes now. I hoping to get some feedback from owners of the 06 R6 and 06 GSX750.

I've narrowed it to these 2 bikes. Any owner feedback would be awesome.

Mainly for the track and occasional street ride.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Buy the gixxer that way you won't have to upgrade in 20000km after you figured out that 100 RWHP is weak / 600 RR , gixxer 750 118- 120 RWHP and a better handling machine to boot .

·
track hack
2,023 Posts
Buy the gixxer that way you won't have to upgrade in 20000km after you figured out that 100 RWHP is weak / 600 RR , gixxer 750 118- 120 RWHP and a better handling machine to boot .
Wow, there's a lot of bad info...

BTW, if you end up with an '06 750 that makes 118rwhp, bring it back to the dealer, it's only running on three cylinders! At SBW this year my 954 made 0.7hp more than the only '06 750 than ran at the time - 127.7 VS 128.4 for mine. I believe the Gixxer was still pretty new, less than 5000km's.

As for handling, unless your name is Spies or Haga, you won't find a difference. They weigh almost the same, both are very, very composed and 100hp is PLENTY for street riding.

I'd go for the 750 if it was me, I'd prefer to be able to keep the bike in the midrange and get decent power rather than having it on the far side of 12,000 all the time.

GSXR_45, what do you consider a good deal on those bikes right now, what's being offered?

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Mainly for the track and occasional street ride.
Track: R6
Street: GSXR

So, if it's mainly for track use, get the R6. That bike really shines on the track. (Not to take anything away from the Suzuki which is also a fantastic bike.)

·
Registered
489 Posts
The last time I checked the 750 was going for 10999 at Richmond Motorsports. After next season is over, I'll be seriously considering a k7 750 for myself. Sweeeeet bike.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm not a racer, but if it's mainly for the track you may want to check out what race classes the bikes are eligible for. The 600 may be able to race in additional classes from the 750.

·
Registered
57 Posts
depends what your skill level is. if you are new 750 is too much bike.

i've never ridden the new r6 but from what i've read if you are an experienced track rider its outstanding. thing is even kent kunitsugu from sport rider who's very biased towards race biased bikes said it is hard to get the most out of the r6 unless you are an experienced racer because it is so razor sharp and has so little torque.

having said all that. they both are gorgeous bikes and i'd love either.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ahh.. ok. $10,9 is pretty good i guess. Any idea when the 2007s will be on the showroom floor?
The 07's may be here as early as Feb. Price is $12,699 but the colors for 06 are better in my opinion.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Talked to a Yamaha dealer that will let the R6 go for $12,500 out the door. Any one know of a better deal? I think I might be able to go even lower if I can find another person that is willing to buy at the same time.

Did some research and the alot of the comparison test says the R6 is a superior bike on and off the track. Even with the low tourque numbers the chassis and brakes in the Canyons more than make up for the low torque.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I would really look long and hard at the 750 , Jimmi at orca bay can get you the best deal for sure . and 120 on the wheel is ok too , you can allways cam it up . there's a guy selling a k6 1000 in here for 11000.00 with 1800km on it red and black , if i was looking for a bike it would be sold . Adam has a real nice 954 with full exhust , braided lines, pilots like 20000km on it and spot less for a really good price , adult owned . but new is new , good luck and buy the gixxer , your on the right track .

·
Got Hammer?
5,552 Posts
That really depends on your experience level and preferred type of ride. You WILL notice the difference with the 750. It does everything that the 600 can do engine wise and more without working so hard. That makes a big difference on longer straighaways and can bail you out with the extra torque lower down if you don't have it on boil already coming out of a corner. If it's just track days, the missing class won't matter. For racing, there's still 3 races per day on that bike anywhere and that's usually enough for most people. The R6 is nothing short of phenominal at everything it does but the other 600's are all kinda in the same boat there (with a few exceptions). You'll be able to ride it harder and it can do just about anything the 750 does, just differenly. I guess I'm biased but I would rather not be just another 600 out there.

Rob

·
Vindicated
3,419 Posts
I haven't ridden the R6 but just got the 2006 750 (took it up to Whistler for it's first ride today) and it's.... SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts