• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it seems that ppl are divided on the subject.

i just got my 50th n i love it. stop bashing it already, my feelings r getting hurt:surrender

·
Registered
446 Posts
Out of all the 600 cc sportbikes that I saw at the show, I think the new R6 is one of the best looking, followed by the CBR600RR and the Triumph 675.

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
fok what other people say. thats your decision, and purchase. enjoy the machine.:thumbup

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
BLADERUNNER 954 said:
fok what other people say. thats your decision, and purchase. enjoy the machine.:thumbup

+1

I'm sure it's an impressive ride, so if you like its looks that's all that matters!

·
Addicted to speed
237 Posts
There was just a thread about this but anyway I'm up in the air about it, theres thing i like and things I dont like, but overall I think it's sweet.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I've always believed that the ride overshadows the sytle. But the new R6 requires that I revisit this theory.

.... I chose the grinder..... :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
The funky headlights and the weird ass bee stinger tail threw me off. Other than that it looks sweet.

·
Got Hammer?
5,552 Posts
In my mind the little centre light ruins an otherwise attractive look because I like the paint and side profile a lot. The dyno graphs that I've seen tell me that it would likely be a boring ride for me. On the other hand, the suspension and other new features make it attractive. Only you need to like it. I have no doubt that they'll be flying out the door in the dealerships and that's the whole point of all the new bike hype.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
9.5 outta 10 here....
... just that center placed air-intake makes me hold my breath a second; but I can get around it.

·
Worst. Passenger. Ever.
943 Posts
I really like the look for the most part. Not too big on the rear like most. Jumped on it at the bike show though and I wasnt too big on the riding position. Doesnt feel too practical (even for a race replica) for city/highway riding where I put the majority of my kms.

·
n00b
704 Posts
I'd love to have the bike, but as my only bike, either my neck would either become super massive and strong or my head would fall off. I was practically looking straight down! Position wise, it felt like the time I was sitting on a 2003 zx-6r. Not the most comfy position for my short limbs...but I still love the bike.

·
Registered
622 Posts
who cares what it looks like? I've been reading about the new R6 for 2 months in magazines and every single test rider (guys that know way more about bikes than me) say it's a great bike. Tons of power and very flickable through the twisties.

Looks mean nothing if the performance isn't there adn as far as I can read about the bike...it sounds awesome.

I think the only people that should answer this poll are owners of the bike in question...however, I voted. haha :coffee

F

·
0 Posts
i say yay ,,i like it ,,that goofy headlight nipple has to go ,,but otherwise i like it

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
borderline said:
i say yay ,,i like it ,,that goofy headlight nipple has to go ,,but otherwise i like it
maybe you can "de-nipple" mine if i ever get one ths year!!

F

·
0 Posts
beaterdx said:
i like my nipple thank you very much
thats cuz your still in shock,,it will wear off as soon as you see one without it .Look at the m1 ,thats what it should be ,,not some DOT regulated afterthought .Your not saying you like the stock plate hanger too are you?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
ace` said:
Jumped on it at the bike show though and I wasnt too big on the riding position. Doesnt feel too practical (even for a race replica) for city/highway riding where I put the majority of my kms.
I'm with you, I felt like I was doing a push-up. Definitely not a bike I'd want to be on for more than half an hour.

F

·
0 Posts
ITS A RACE BIKE folks ! others have said the same thing ,,its a race bike with lights ,,nothing else.There is a reason for thier madness.Its almost a homologation bike without having to do it that way .Same reson the LE was built ,they want to dominate racing so they built road race bikes .

get a goldwing if you want saddle bags a trunk and comfort .

get the R1 if you need comfort ,its like a couch compared the the 6 ,plus they still make the r6s ,its just a rebadged 05 ,its still kinda comfy if you are the long tripper type.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.