BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm breaking in a new 636 these days, doing a lot of short solo Get-to-Know-You rides with the bike. Looking forward to warmer days ahead, and (in no particular order):

- Mt. Baker
- Duffy Lake Road, Lillooett-Lytton, Spences Bridge-Merritt
- Alex Fraser Motorsport Park
- Cascades and all other twisty things WA stateside
- Earl's Cove.

I also want to do one or more overnight trips out to the Vernon/Nakusp region, the best discovery I made last season.

Hope to see some familiar tailights in front of me soon, and maybe chase after a few new ones.

Life is good.

·
I'm new
2,075 Posts
- Mt. Baker
Very nice ride. ride slow, beware of state cops. Ride just over the limit to enjoy the lushness of the trees and the river that runs by the road. when you hit the mountain i hate that road.. too bumpy and the tight corners could be deadly.
- Duffy Lake Road, Lillooett-Lytton, Spences Bridge-Merritt
waste of time.
- Alex Fraser Motorsport Park
what the hell is that??!
- Cascades and all other twisty things WA stateside
day trip.. well worth it. once.
- Earl's Cove.
nice road. eaten many bikes. take it easy, people love cutting corners there.

i will do none of these roads this summer. enjoy!

·
Rhinotillexomania
336 Posts
2006 should be good, we are thinking about planing a trip down the oregon coast which I have done before.
Nice choice for a bike... sexy, strong and fun to ride.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I'll be in for the Earl's Cove run. Providing my electrical gremlin doesn't strike this time. :D

·
I Came,I Saw,I Conquered
587 Posts
Hey Steve, good to hear you got a new bike this season. Well 2 out of the 4 rides you listed kicked my ass, so those are out of the question. I look forward to joining you on some nice "sedate" rides this season.

Randy

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
Steve, Randy, good to hear from ya'll, Bjorn.. meh, not so much :devillook Jayson eh, I spend more time in your town than I'd like to admit.. haha..

New 636 eh Steve, nice... looking forward to some good cruises...

B

·
0 Posts
i rockin the 636 aswell and am looking to do some long rides this season count me in for any ride you guys plan.

·
What we play is life.
730 Posts
I'll be out on the road soon to join you Steve. The next warm, dry day I'll have my bike insured. Look forward to seeing the familiar faces on the road as well.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
silverD said:
Steve, Randy, good to hear from ya'll, Bjorn.. meh, not so much :devillook
Nice one Don.

I missed Earl's Cove last year - a must make this year. We have to plan ahead for the year & get Don a fresh supply of various fowls for him to sacrifice to the sun gods.

It's gonna be a good year :cheers

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Maui Kawi said:
Hey Steve, good to hear you got a new bike this season. Well 2 out of the 4 rides you listed kicked my ass, so those are out of the question. I look forward to joining you on some nice "sedate" rides this season.

Randy
Don't be a little wimp, Randolph - you'll be on every
Earls Cove ride this season! The Saint insists on it:angel

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
My God, another party heard from, this should be called old home thread...
Hey Nick, long time no see..

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
jeckyll said:
Don: I knew you were a lost cause as soon as you sold the Kawi :D
He is very confused these days...
Doesn't know where he belongs...:devillook

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
jeckyll said:
Don: I knew you were a lost cause as soon as you sold the Kawi :D
Bah, yer just jealous....:laughing

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
Saint Nick said:
He is very confused these days...
Doesn't know where he belongs...:devillook
You're just jealous to ..... :thewave

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
This year I'm plannin' to ride everywhere I went last year ...and match that with as many kms/trips to places I never bin'. Only one difference: this year I'll make more stops along the way [ie: food, swim in a lake, yada yada] instead of racing from gas station to gas station... it's gonna be a great year. :)

If we're lucky -requiring a collective effort- we might also have a year where we don't all lose someone (or many) to RIP threads. THAT would be a great year. ;)

:confused I'd follow Greenboy's tail-lights but they tend to go 10,000kms off the map... landing in Nova Scotia. :) Don't follow Greenboy if he's carring more than slim tank-bag. :D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts