BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gone to this year's bike show yet? It started today. I want to know if it is worth the drive and the $10 admission. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Is the stunt show by 5th Gear any good?
Any good deals on gear?
Is there much focus on sportbikes?

Thanks!

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Can't speak yet for this year but the show is always worth going to. It's bigger than ever, and I'm sure that the stunt show will be worth checking out. There's always the new sportbike models on display, as well as some of last years race bikes, Honda generally brings a cool bike to look at.. last year they had an old NR500, which wasn't even available for showing in Seattle which tells you something. I've never found any huge deals at any show, but I hear if you are there late on sunday good deals can be found as the shops want to sell stuff rather than packing it up.

it's only $10.00.. and it beats watching TV.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
It's the only show we got. For that reason alone it's worth attending.

T

·
0 Posts
sleepyrider said:
Has anyone gone to this year's bike show yet? It started today. I want to know if it is worth the drive and the $10 admission. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Any good deals on gear?

Thanks!
What the hell else r u going to do this weekend???....Yes Yes Yes.

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
i can't speak either, but it is one of the only bike shows we have in bc... unless like you like traveling a lot.
im going on sat

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Saturday and Sunday the aisles are always packed like a sardine can. I'm going Friday night, hoping that most sane people would prefer to go partying instead.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I'm going tonight I'll see i could get some pics up of the show.

·
More than meets the eye
1,327 Posts
sleepyrider said:

Any good deals on gear?

Thanks!
Are you on glue??

Of course the show is worth it, that is if you like motorcycles.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
Go about 2 hours before closing each day, its much less packed.

Many older threads on the subject, its the same hoopla each year, not a whole lot of deals but a great place to check stuff out as far as whats out there in the bike world instead of going from bike shop to bike shop.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
10am according to the website.

D

·
0 Posts
this isn't really the question you ask on day 1, just as the place opens.

try asking mid day saturday.

kent, 10 am opening for the rest of the show. today was noon.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Can you go for two days, on one ticket? Or do you have to pay the $11 each time? I already have tickets, but haven't read them to see what the fine-print says... (and I can't just go read them right now because they're in the car and the wife has the car at the grocery store...)

·
Worst. Passenger. Ever.
943 Posts
in previous years it was an one time admission. think they stamped hands on the way out so if you dont wash for a couple days or saran wrap your hand you can probably get back in the next day.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
I was there last night from 7 PM on till 9, and I reccomend it. I was in a rush to get some gear I was looking for so I didnt get a chance to watch the 8PM show but man it was a blast and I will be there Sunday as well, this time to take it in...in alot more detail. If anyone is looking for gear there is plenty in my opinion, discounts seem to be on average in the 20% range. Not sure what will be left by sunday though. Great show and I am excited about getting back in there on Sunday. Thumbs Up.

·
1,768 Posts
I was there last night too and it was really good. It's nice to see it expanding and the stunt show was great! There were a couple of mishaps in the stunt show, but everyone was ok. Was cool to see Bill ride a quad over a car! :thumbup

;D

1 - 20 of 86 Posts