BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep the new 2007 Tiger is going away from its adventure touring makeup and more towards a motardyroadburningbeastthatcouldstillmanagesomedirtifyouputontherightsortoftires sort of look.

And as a staunch naked bike lover that "can't bend that way anymore" I LIKE IT! ! ! !

·
Ride the winds of change
1,994 Posts
I guess Truimph felt the future was not in the Adventure bike market. I guess with the public getting older and looking for a comfy sporty bike this may make sense. Its like what Kwak did with their KLR.

·
Formerly FURY
2,731 Posts
Much nicer than the previous Tiger. Looks like comfortable fun too... heck, I might even consider buying this Brit bike,

·
Ride Solo
4,218 Posts
I like the concept, but not the styling. What's with that hiked up rear seat?
The rear styling on this Tiger is similar to the one thing I'm not fond of with the Sprint ST (which has gone in the direction--more power/displacement--I would have liked the VFR to have gone). They both look like they've been rear-ended. In the Sprint's case, it isn't as noticeable in person, so maybe the same will hold true for the Tiger.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That bent up tail fake streetfighter look is hitting a lot of the current sport and naked bike models. I'm afraid we're sort of stuck with it.

I hadn't realized just how prevalent this bent up look had become until I caught myself looking at Kawi's new Ninja 650 this year and thinking that it looked too low and flat when it reality it's what we USED to think of as very sporty and upswept only a couple of years back. The mind really can be led if you're exposed to a given shape for long enough.

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
Conspiracy Hatched by People Over 6' Tall

Me likes, except at 5'7" I'm too damned short to ride any adventure bikes. The only adventures I'd have would be trying not to fall over everytime I stopped at a light.

G

·
That bent up tail fake streetfighter look is hitting a lot of the current sport and naked bike models. I'm afraid we're sort of stuck with it.

I hadn't realized just how prevalent this bent up look had become until I caught myself looking at Kawi's new Ninja 650 this year and thinking that it looked too low and flat when it reality it's what we USED to think of as very sporty and upswept only a couple of years back. The mind really can be led if you're exposed to a given shape for long enough.
Just look at a british streetfighter magazine if you want to see over exagerated lifted rear seats/cowls.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just look at a british streetfighter magazine if you want to see over exagerated lifted rear seats/cowls.
Like fusion jazz I won't EVER find myself thinking that those "scorpions with their tails up" are OK. THose things are just way over the top and, IMHO, out to lunch.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Me likes, except at 5'7" I'm too damned short to ride any adventure bikes. The only adventures I'd have would be trying not to fall over everytime I stopped at a light.
That's the beauty of this one. A lower saddle and with some dirt friendly tires you can DO the adventure touring thing. But mostly they seem to have aimed it more at the niche that the Multistrada aimed at. Real roads with real conditions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts