- click on 'collapse' in the middle of the screen
- link to specs will show up on the left hand side

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great IMO.
OUI.....!

I wonder if the release was delayed after the Multi came out with electronic suspension like the GS has. Maybe Yamaha had to go back to the drawing board for awhile.

This is perfect; real competition and choices in this market segment.

ps...the website just released all the photos at 11 am our time so it is traffic bound right now until all the enthusiast websites have taken a look and downloaded some photos. Please post a few here if you have time.

·
23,539 Posts
Wow, 1200cc parallel twin putting out 110hp, 3-stage traction control, interesting.

575lbs wet, pretty damn beefy, but I guess that's with all the extras, including luggage.

I have a feeling this is going to be a pricey bike, looks pretty feature rich, and well designed.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
I wonder if they'll eventually come out with a smaller one, because not everyone riding an adventure bike is a 6' tall man (or woman). Otherwise, it has some nice features and rugged looks. Especially nice is the shaft drive, great for low maintenance off-road duty.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Janet, it does have a low seat option.
I don't mean just a lower seat, but a smaller displacement/lighter weight version, kinda like a wee strom. I don't want to be flailing a 600 lb. bike on the back roads, where I would likely be found adventuring.

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
352 Posts
I'll be surprised if it even comes to Canada or the US, so for now, just another neat model for the Europeans.
Already confirmed by Yamaha Canada. More lame ass cruisers for us :jerkoff

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Give it time, lots of bikes are Euro release well before we see it. The Yamaha FJR was exactly the same way.

This is a yummy pic.

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
352 Posts
Give it time, lots of bikes are Euro release well before we see it. The Yamaha FJR was exactly the same way.This is a yummy pic.
But I want it NOW!!! :thumbup Good time of year to be flogging my 950.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
1 - 20 of 58 Posts