BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

2011 Vancouver International Motorcycle Show

11K views 42 replies 29 participants last post by  NAGA 
#1 ·
First off, hello! I am new to the forum and to the sport bike scene. I purchased a 2008 YZF-R6 last week and am patiently waiting for the snow to melt.

Schultz Motorsports and Kamloops Harley Davison are putting together a bus to come down to the Vancouver Motorcycle Show in January .

This will be my fist time to the show. Being new to sport biking I need to buy all my gear and I was thinking this would be a good place to start.

What has been your experience in the past? Can you make cash purchases from vendors? Good deals on last years stock? Any tips or info you can pass my way would be great!

- Neutron

#5 ·
Why buy a new suit,
There has been a few advertised on BCSB Marketplace, much cheaper.

Helmet....for sure go for new.

You'll have lots of money left, even for the BCSB get together on Saturday at the Red Baron pub, next to the Tradex.

#8 ·
I recently bought a bike and planning on getting a helmet and glove in the next few days.

Should I just wait till the show to get one? My budget for helmet is $200 and jacket $300.

Would the vendors be even selling things in those price range? Thanks.

#12 ·
Go find Rob at Daytona Motorsports booth. If its like last year, he'll have some awesome deals on Tap-Moto gear. Jackets, pants, 1 piece suits, gloves, etc.

Personally, I scored a pair of Sidi Vertigos for $268 last year at Carter Motorsports booth.

I'm after new riding pants this year.

#16 ·
im sure Redline will be there with their RST selection if you are looking for high end high quality gear.

#37 ·
#1 get your tickets ahead of time from a shop, or https://www.microspec.com/tix123/etic.cfm?code=VMS2011
The line ups are to purchase tickets, they are slow as mud, and the entry with ticket is fast!

#2 make sure you catch a stunt and/or trials show, or even the kids dirtbike races. Look back in this thread, someone posted the schedule.

#3 come see me at the Pacific Riding School booth for Daytona Party tickets!
you can see the Grand Prize Husky 450 at Essential Motorcycle Services booth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.