BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Your statement is complete fallacy. I have LED pot lights in my house. They are 12 watt dimmable lights that replace a 60w halogen flood light or a 60w incandescent. After running on full power for an hour I can literally reach up and unscrew the bulb without even the faintest sensation of heat on my fingertips.
so those big housing units that look like... heat sinks and act like heat sinks are there for looks only.

I guess the light bulb salesman was dead wrong when he explained at my old place of work (trying to get us to buy the more expensive LEDs vs CFLs and MRs) why they were so damn bulky and heavy compared to the 35W MR35 and CFLs they were replacing.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Wet clutch, gear driven cams and elimination of the entire frame is rumoured to be the direction for Ducati over the next few model years. Complete reinvention of everything that Ducati is known for.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Wet clutch, gear driven cams and elimination of the entire frame is rumoured to be the direction for Ducati over the next few model years. Complete reinvention of everything that Ducati is known for.
Well, not quite complete reinvention. I think they're still using a V-twin. :coffee

·
Ride Solo
4,214 Posts
Gear drive is sorta in the spirit of the bevel drive.

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
What? No bucket shims :confused

·
Unregistered User
418 Posts
FYI just letting you know Audis not only invented the accent lighting headlamp, however they also created the first Full LED headlamp on the R8 as an option and standard on the V10 model. It is also now available as an option on the new A8, A7, and most likely the upcoming A6. This Ducati system is nothing new, however it is a first for a motorcycle perhaps.

It's actually going to use an LED headlight system, not just accent lighting like the Audis have. And it's a good thing for those of us who aren't trapped in the stone ages

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Seriously? A multi-post discussion on the headlights the new Ducati will have? And I care why?

C'mon Alchemist, let's get outta here. I'll meet you at Starbucks. :laughing

·
Eschew obfuscation
765 Posts
Seriously? A multi-post discussion on the headlights the new Ducati will have? And I care why?

C'mon Alchemist, let's get outta here. I'll meet you at Starbucks. :laughing
I'll PM you when we start discussing rear wheel horsepower. :rolleyes

The headlights are a new feature of the bike. Why shouldn't they be part of the discussion?

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
Ducati has had bucket shims for eons. "Sheeza no got valva springas." :laughing
I prove my ignorance several times a day...I just try to avoid doing it so publicly! :banghead

I thought all Duc's were desmo! (I'm digging deeper, aren't I?!)

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
so those big housing units that look like... heat sinks and act like heat sinks are there for looks only.

I guess the light bulb salesman was dead wrong when he explained at my old place of work (trying to get us to buy the more expensive LEDs vs CFLs and MRs) why they were so damn bulky and heavy compared to the 35W MR35 and CFLs they were replacing.
Don't believe all salesmen that you hear. LED lighting is VERY efficient and really doesn't convert energy to heat.
http://www.myledlightingguide.com/FAQ.aspx

21 - 34 of 34 Posts