BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Member #899
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you who have been out before, thank you. For those of you who haven't, what are you waiting for?

We run our track days with a focus on STREET RIDERS and skill development. "L" or "N" licence? No problem. We have groups for new riders (only been riding for a month or so, then come out and practice!) all the way to experienced riders.

Here is our 2016 schedule (all full facility):

April 24
May 29
June 19
July 31
August 21
September 18
October 2

Add these dates to your schedule.

Our pricing this year will be as follows:

Book two weeks in advance or earlier:
Full Day - $120
Half Day - $80

Book one week in advance:
Full Day - $140
Half Day - $100

Pay at Track:
Full Day - $160
Half Day - $120

Booking Spero is $130.

All prices above include GST.

It should be a good year!

Thanks,

Nancy

PS: If you're on Facebook "Like" our page to get up-to-the-minute event notifications, and anything else important to know. Facebook Page

·
Team Modern Racing
1,032 Posts
I can't wait!!

Nancy's PMTD is always a blast and I absolutely love working with students to improve their riding. Lots of what we Trackday/Racing Instructors teach on track translates to the street and if I can help someone aquire the skills to possibly save themselves from a potential accident then it's all worth it.

What really gets me excited is working with racers (like young Jake Hayes for example) to help them elevate their game and watch them succeed. I firmly believe that we can develop World Class racers from Canada, especially since BC is getting 2 brand new racetracks: Area 27 in Oliver and VIMC on Vancouver Island.

Got a little off track there...pun intended!
Getting back to PMTD, if you've never done a trackday this is positively the best place to start as it's a big paved area with cones that have been set up like a racetrack. The really cool thing is that every time you go the layout is set up differently and could be clockwise or counter clockwise thanks to the talents of Randy Cook.

If you're still not sure just come out and watch but be prepared, you'll most likely want to join in the fun!

See you all there!

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
I've been riding for 11 years and about 130,000kms. I mostly tour (sport tour!) and have been as far south as Cabo San Lucas. Throughout that time I took the race course through WMRC. Track days at Mission, The Ridge, Thunderhill. I've gone to PMTD since they started and it is a great time, every time. This is the most easily, accessible track day there is. You'll ride more corners here than any other day ride. Safer environment, and you'll be among more riders than you can meet. If you are a new rider or an 'old' rider this is time and money well spent.

Here is a few of the pictures I've posted on my blog... check them out here.
http://ridefar.ca/wordpress/?p=1102
http://ridefar.ca/wordpress/?p=1034

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Went on your website but could not find the cost of your track days?
Dont quote on this, but I believe cost went down as follows:

1/2 day $80, but if you sign up in advance, you get a discount of $20
Full day $140, but if you sign up in advance, you get a discount of $40

I am sure Nancy will correct me if I'm wrong and provide proper info :)

·
9,052 Posts
Well, I've been riding for a long time and I don't have a clue what I am doing. I just show up and breath really hard in my helmet, complain about my knees, and talk to a lot of people with huge grins on their faces.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, i'm looking to do my first track day this year and going to buy a dedicated bike for track. Can I get some advice on whether I should either look for a track ready 250 or just get a newer Ninja 300? I see the 300's going for around $3500 which i'm OK with spending.

·
Team Modern Racing
1,032 Posts
My girlfriend was looking for a track bike/race bike and had the same dilemma. She decided to get a 250 so she can ride it at Greg Moore Raceway as well as Mission and Pitt Meadows. GMR only allows up to 250cc bikes.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hey guys, i'm looking to do my first track day this year and going to buy a dedicated bike for track. Can I get some advice on whether I should either look for a track ready 250 or just get a newer Ninja 300? I see the 300's going for around $3500 which i'm OK with spending.
I would go with the 250, like Spero says. My GF has one and it is a total blast to ride! It really is better suited to PMTD than my SV1000S so I have 'borrowed' it a few times... And if she decides she isn't that interested in riding? It will become my racebike!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Man I am being so indecisive. So all these 2013+ Ninja 300's i'm seeing I should pass up on? I see quite a few people unloading them for 3-3500. 250's don't go for much less. I'm probably just going to do track days and not get into racing until I gain some more experience.

·
Fixer
1,610 Posts
Looking forward to another entertaining year of helping Nancy and Randy, working with the crew, seeing old friends and meeting new ones. And, the RC51 is already asking to go outside..........

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Looking forward to volunteering as usual Nancy, perhaps doing some photography, and maybe even riding! These track days are always a highlight to my year.

·
Member #899
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Registration is open now for April 24th for all groups.

Spero will be out to coach this summer but not until July.

We have lots of great riders out there (our Safety Riders) who will give you feedback on your riding if you want it.

See you soon.

Nancy

·
Member #899
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you guys offer racer discount like mission?
Hi Bubba, no discounts for racers. We actually cater more to street riders anyway, and everyone is treated equally. If you book early you get the same discount as you would if you were a street rider.

Hope to see you out.

Nancy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmm, i'd love to come out and rub off the chicken strips. Good opportunity to practice some tighter maneuvering on my new bike which is a VERY new ride to me.

·
Team Modern Racing
1,032 Posts
Troy in the house!!!

I'm bummed that I won't be able to make it to the first few PMTD this season. Sorry to everyone that has inquired about coaching.

Have a good one and see you all at Mission on May 14th & 15th!

·
Member #899
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Full discount if you register today before midnight!

Hi everyone

I just wanted to let you know that we're gearing up for the 24th (do your sundance please!) If you want to get the best discount then book by midnight today for your chosen group.

Looking forward to our first day, and to see everyone again.

Nancy

1 - 20 of 58 Posts