BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Member #899
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
We will be holding a draw on Sunday for a full day track day and a spring tuneup from Rising Sun Motorcycles

Everyone registered will get an entry. To sweeten the deal, anyone bringing a can of food for the local food bank will get an extra entry and for every dollar donated to the food bank you'll get an entry as well.

See you on Sunday!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Awesome! You will love it. Will be there with my Ninja 250. Look for funny orange/black one, that be me. If you need somehwere to pit, I will have pop up canopy and some chairs you are welcome to.
Thanks for the offer! I'll be riding in, so I might very well take you up on that. Any tips for bike prep? I'll be removing mirrors and taping up the lights. Cleaned and lubed my chain yesterday and checked slack. Got a set of sticky Bridgestone S20 evos to replace the stock IRC tires about 1 month and 1000kms ago, so should be good on that front. Anything else you suggest I do to prepare?

cvrle1 said:
Great stuff caMKii. We will see you on Sunday! And trust me, go will find yourself faster and faster throughout the day and more important you will become a more competent rider.
Thanks Nancy! Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday. It'll be great to ride where I know there aren't any gravel patches waiting to surprise me on corner apexes...

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Thanks for the offer! I'll be riding in, so I might very well take you up on that. Any tips for bike prep? I'll be removing mirrors and taping up the lights. Cleaned and lubed my chain yesterday and checked slack. Got a set of sticky Bridgestone S20 evos to replace the stock IRC tires about 1 month and 1000kms ago, so should be good on that front. Anything else you suggest I do to prepare?
Steve's link above is great. I would read it, and then read it again few times.

Since you are riding in, it's hard to take too many things. I would say water is really important. I bring 4L jug and it is empty by the end of the morning session, before lunch time.
Come with full tank of fuel. There are 2 really close by before you get to the track. This way you dont suddenly run out of fuel. It sucks, ask me how I know :S
Check you oil and replace, along with filter, if needed
Check your brake pads. It sucks coming to the track day and realizing your bike just failed tech cause your front brakes are shot (Thanks again Steve for getting me out of pickle)

Read Steve's link once again and remember points when you get there on Sunday

I am in no way an expert, and surely others who are a lot more experienced will chime in.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Check your brake pads. It sucks coming to the track day and realizing your bike just failed tech cause your front brakes are shot (Thanks again Steve for getting me out of pickle)
No worries Marco. I sold three sets of used brake pads to track day riders last year. Keep up the good work folks :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Big shout out to Nancy and Randy for an awesome first trackday on Sunday. Weather wasn't looking so great in the morning but cleared up nicely. Had a ton of fun on the bike, and finally got to scrub that last cm of tire on the shoulders!

IMG_20160619_152622622_HDR.jpg

Things to work on next time: Better, more consistent lines and hanging off more to avoid dragging pegs. Will most likely be back on July 31st!

·
Member #899
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Pre-registration is open for July 17th (half facility and less expensive) and July 31st (full facility)

Get the best discount by registering at least 2 weeks before the track day.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Pre-registration is open for July 17th (half facility and less expensive) and July 31st (full facility)

Get the best discount by registering at least 2 weeks before the track day.
Just brought home a more track-appropriate steed this afternoon, see you on the 17th! *

·
Member #899
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
For those of you who are interested in Pitt Meadows Track Days 2016, we have three left for the year - August 21st, September 18th and October 2nd

I hope to see some new faces out there, and some of the frequent visitors as well.

Here is the direct link to registration: https://pittmeadowstrackdays.ca/events-calendar/

If you come out, plan on riding away a more confident and competent rider!

Frequent updates on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PittMeadowsTrackDays/

See you in August!

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
For those of you who are interested in Pitt Meadows Track Days 2016, we have three left for the year - August 21st, September 18th and October 2nd

I hope to see some new faces out there, and some of the frequent visitors as well.

Here is the direct link to registration: https://pittmeadowstrackdays.ca/events-calendar/

If you come out, plan on riding away a more confident and competent rider!

Frequent updates on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PittMeadowsTrackDays/

See you in August!
I stopped by to check it out.
Now I'm looking for another track bike ;-)

·
Member #899
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
41 - 58 of 58 Posts