BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking on my chalkboard in my garage where I list all the things I want to fix/mod/buy for the next season. I usually make this list after I tuck the bike away, and realize its January already......and I've done nothing, well, except buy a new pair of boots

I'm thinking a new heated liner, a vest this time, something thinner than my Gerbings jacket which doesn't fit all that well under my new tighter jacket. Most likely will go hybrid hard wire + battery powered.

Also wanting to get a second helmet, a flip up specifically. Heard Shoei is coming out with a new one.

What's on your list?

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
Reading your list is on my list.

I got new boots at the end of the season. I'd like a new two-piece suit this year. I also have some new tires to mount up before the season really starts.

·
Registered
397 Posts
sena kit, rearsets, ss lines, new pads, lose the passenger peg and holders for single r&g exhaust holder, perhaps lower my tripletree 5mm, maybe a newsuit? lithium battery? Not sure how much of that I will do, but that is the pencilled in list on my desk.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
...also have 1.0 kg/mm fork springs and an Ohlins HO009 on the way. like this; from him...

IMG_0024-25 by Don Serl, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
and a set of these fine little guys from Kurvey Girl:

·
track hack
2,002 Posts
New Bell Race Star Helmet - check!
New Sena comm's set - check!
New Bike - check!

I'll have the tedious job of installing my license plate - hopefully I get the time to do it by the end of April...

·
Registered
368 Posts
finish rebuilding my engine
new slipon
install the new carbon bars, throttle, ISR bling
grabbing a motogadget mlock, mrelay
Rewiring pretty much the whole bike cuz of it.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
New Bell Race Star Helmet - check!
New Sena comm's set - check!
New Bike - check!

I'll have the tedious job of installing my license plate - hopefully I get the time to do it by the end of April...
Don't mount that plate yet ....... there is a 37% chance you'll sell the bike by May 2.

I'm looking at installing an electronic cruise control on the VFR, heated grips or the OEM windblockers, changing all fluids and if I get really ambitious; cat removal and dyno tuning.

Those 90 degree valve stems would be nice as well. I should pick up a set for when I do next tire change. If I go for a new helmet, it will be the Neotec for sure. I already own one and it's been super comfortable for the past 3 years.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Aux fuel cell for the ST1300
Fully service the ZX12R
New tires/bearings for the ST1300
Ractech rear spring & service preload on ST1300
New GPS.... S5,intelliskin and ram mounts
AND complete second set of wheels with new tires for the ST1300 from ebay parts :p Those are for when I need to air ship to myself when I am far from home and really need tires :D

·
track hack
2,002 Posts
Say what?! pics!
"Tiddler-middleweight-gentleman's express" bike but a tad more stable than the R3 was at "fun" speeds.

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bikes/roadsters-and-supersports/street-triple/2017/street-triple/variants/street-triple-rs

But hey, Sikorsky is sadly correct - I'm waiting before I book my service appointment in for the plate install until at least the end of March in case this crow see's something shinier elsewhere. :)

....and first time using a Comm unit so I'm a little worried I won't like it - I've always been one to point fingers at those with ear buds in or a gaggle of riders riding at a snails pace but everyone looks like their Italian with all the hand gestures from yakkin' away to each other.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Don't mount that plate yet ....... there is a 37% chance you'll sell the bike by May 2.

I'm looking at installing an electronic cruise control on the VFR, heated grips or the OEM windblockers, changing all fluids and if I get really ambitious; cat removal and dyno tuning.

Those 90 degree valve stems would be nice as well. I should pick up a set for when I do next tire change. If I go for a new helmet, it will be the Neotec for sure. I already own one and it's been super comfortable for the past 3 years.
Definitely the heated grips over the wind blockers. The OE ones are nice and didn't need any hair torn out to install.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Winter projects:

R1200GS 80,000km full service and 2 outstanding recalls and new Metzeler Tourance tires.

XR650L SW Motech side racks, SW Motech frame support arms, Wolfman side offroad bags, Dave's carb mod kit. Rox Risers. Slipstream quick release windscreen. Lead shot glued into handlebar [vibe reduction].

R100GS Schumacher front brake upgrade kit.

Andover Norton Commando Brembo front brake upgrade kit.

BMW Enduroguard jacket: https://www.google.ca/search?q=BMW+Enduroguard&rlz=1C1GGGE___CA570CA580&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUnrm279bYAhVV9mMKHTycA8oQsAQISA&biw=1680&bih=944#imgrc=6oycGIXkM-_BnM:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Gear
Shoei Neo-tec 2 if it fits well
Cardo Pack-talk bold
new heated liner from Warm and Safe (it's an electric base layer shirt)

Bike
finally do the bike recall fix maybe??
New softbag rack coming from Perun
tidy up some wiring
install 12volt kit for my tank bag(s)
possibly lowering pegs, or Giamoto touring fitment for Tuono
suspension rebuild, and possibly Andreani valves for the forks
Garmin TPMS will go on at next tire change/balance

Other
a couple of Butler maps enroute for Summer trip planning.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts