BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
+ 39.9 km/h
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year they added Laguna Seca quite a while after the 2019 WorldSBK calendar rounds were originally stated. ( 2019 World SBK )

Again for 2020 there is no Laguna Seca round initially listed. ( 2020 World SBK )
I was hoping to wait until after January 1st, 2020 to see what happens after, for the first time since 1957, SCRAMP gives up control of Laguna Seca Raceway to Monterey County (A & D Narigi Consulting).
But I got this e-mail today...

Dear Madam / Sir,
Thank you very much for providing your email to request information related 2020 WorldSBK US Round.
We inform that the Motul FIM Superbike World Championship will not be held at the Laguna Seca in 2020.
Please visit our WorldSBK Tickets Shop to purchase tickets to any of the 13 Rounds and stay connected with our official channels.
Thank you and we hope to see you at a WorldSBK weekend.
The Official WorldSBK Ticket Store

So with no MotoGP since 2014, and now no indication of WorldSBK in 2020, for the first time in 20 years I might not take a summer road trip to Laguna Seca to watch world class racing.
MotoAmerica is showing an event at Laguna Seca (*To Be Confirmed) for July 10-12, but I could watch this series at The Ridge. ( 2020 MotoAmerica )

I find myself wondering if Austin, Texas is a workable road trip for me in early April.
:blindside

·
+ 39.9 km/h
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disappointed no WorldSBK or MotoGP, but I will probably end up doing a summer road-trip to California anyways to ride the best roads.
Time it around Laguna Seca and see just how small the crowds are for MotoAmerica.
MotoAmerica Details

1 - 3 of 3 Posts