BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
lover of twins
6,105 Posts
Oh look, a few other people posted about Steve's glaring errors and he refused to engage or acknowledge them. That's some of the weakest shit I've seen on the board yet.

Reactions: bacchus40

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
So here's a question for you. If the covid deaths have been the same as the flu deaths (which is not true in the US, they've actually been about 10-20X higher) with all the restrictions, does that not seem to say that things would be far worse if we were running things as normal with zero restrictions?
this is a very good point, i tried to make this exact same argument when New York started reporting anti-body numbers for the state, then further on into the circus show in July. Trump was in full denial at that point and they chewed through a CDC report, essentially a pick & choose what they deemed relevant.. Then then decided to LEAK said 'preferred narrative' which focused on the 6% of the population who had 'reportedly' (*cough, *cough) died purely from Covid-19. Meaning they firmly believed the other 94% would have simply kicked the bucket regardless of virus or not.

Michael Osterholm (i've posted info from the horses' mouth before) flat out said, okay lets just entertain this idea that ONLY 10k (at the time) people have actually died of Covid.. Does it sound even 'plausible' that the other 94% of Americans simply disappeared from the face of the earth because they were suddenly really, really bored?

'Cause thats how scientists discuss numbers.. they sit in a room, read out 'reports' and decide as human beings if youve got a clue or are completely out to lunch? The answer in this case would be, "maybe there were other factors" such as 'complications' resulting from a deadly virus which had already taken hold on the other 94% and of course, there was no way in hell they could possibly survive after being exposed to said disease.

Early reports, like 4 months into the whole thing had NY already at 'herd immunity'.. meanwhile they were observing a very strict 30% contact limitation.. Hmm, does it sound eVEN possible they're suddenly at 70% infected rates if the REST of NYorkers havent seen a soul in months? Just how the fvck is the virus gonna transmit? though the intewebz? That would be 'interesting'.. hahahah

no, that doesnt make sense, at all.. as in: not even a little bit "plausible".. :D

oh look somebody went ahead and wrote an article on the whole thing!

here you you: Covid-19 death skepticism, explained by a cognitive scientist

Oh look, a few other people posted about Steve's glaring errors and he refused to engage or acknowledge them. That's some of the weakest shit I've seen on the board yet.
i'm not sure if i should take it personally or not.. we seem to get the exact same response on the R1 forum from members who are generally known to be 'vocal' on anything that doesnt line up with their own special point of view..

asked 'em flat out to provide proof Trump had won the election, suddenly there were no further discussions, not on the virus, not on the 500k Americans dead, not on the Stolen election, hell not even on the recent Freak storm in Texas which they firmly believe only happened because Biden is controlling the damn weather on 'republican' states.

yes, this is what 'delusion' looks like.. lol :D

if i've made any glaring errors in my 'analysis' of said presented data, i would love to hear it.

but i wont hold my breath.. i kind like breathing, its a thing these days.. not sure 'why' exactly.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
So here's a question for you. If the covid deaths have been the same as the flu deaths (which is not true in the US, they've actually been about 10-20X higher) with all the restrictions, does that not seem to say that things would be far worse if we were running things as normal with zero restrictions?
the point is that Covid deaths HAVE NOT been the same as the flu. they are, as you and others point out, in fact, 10X - 20X higher... WITH all sorts of onerous restrictions in place.

unfortunately, "normalcy" is still quite a long time away...

Reactions: kerunt

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
the point is that Covid deaths HAVE NOT been the same as the flu. they are, as you and others point out, in fact, 10X - 20X higher... WITH all sorts of onerous restrictions in place.

unfortunately, "normalcy" is still quite a long time away...
i think that is exctly what he was trying to say.. most know it alls want to use the FLU argument that blindly says we dont shut down the entire nation because of a FLU, mind you we have had a FLU vaccine for a long fvcking time now, i used to get the shots when i was in high-school.

the point being made is even with all these restrictions and health safety measures STILL
a huge chunk of the worlds population has died.. yes this would mean HAD we not taken
all said measures. millions more would have in fact died and the rest of us would probably
be further impacted by poor health over all..

Based on what i've read, I doubt I could handle this virus, i would need a ventilator. I have a hard time breathing at night. Over population and the fact i drive a van for a living, has got me dealing with 'non allergic rhinitis', developed over the last decade or longer my best guess. I never knew because i'm not allergic, so there was no reason to suspect anything at all really.

I just snored more when i was on the road, most thought it was sleep apnea. My best friend was the 1st to actually listen to my concerns and made some comments which got me pointed in the right direction. My family certainly never knew, we had to argue for a long time till they finally accepted its not something i can fix with a 'CPAP machine'. I ended up in the hospital in the fall of 2019, my family doctor eventually confirmed the condition. So yeah, My health is already impacted.. There are times i simply cant sleep at night, impossible to breathe w/out medication.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
and there is the other shoe.. folks, shitty news.

Brazil lost control, the new P1 virant strain will be the leading virus in no time. They simply dont know where things will go from here. Brazil now stands to be a world health disaster, which will surely impact the rest of us. They are essentially begging for a vaccine solution by end of April; either that or its pretty much a Pandora's box scenario going forward

Decision made, e-bike summer it is for me.. plan to work on the R1 n 'get it ready for winter LOL. It doesnt look like i will be insuring my Raider S this year, i'll day plate when I do get out there. Not a chance am I going across any borders.

oh yeah, by the way. BC's third wave is here. we are spiking on daily averages, again. :(

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
and there is the other shoe.. folks, shitty news.

Brazil lost control, the new P1 virant strain will be the leading virus in no time. They simply dont know where things will go from here. Brazil now stands to be a world health disaster, which will surely impact the rest of us. They are essentially begging for a vaccine solution by end of April; either that or its pretty much a Pandora's box scenario going forward

Decision made, e-bike summer it is for me.. plan to work on the R1 n 'get it ready for winter LOL. It doesnt look like i will be insuring my Raider S this year, i'll day plate when I do get out there. Not a chance am I going across any borders.

oh yeah, by the way. BC's third wave is here. we are spiking on daily averages, again. :(

Kind of a shame there is fear in your words. Yeah, border is probably closed through the riding season which sucks as the best street and dirt roads are in the lower 48. But more to the situation, there were last summer and will be this summer many opportunities to ride street bikes, wander, observe, peruse, and check stuff out. Everyone here I’m assuming has not been infected by the Chinese bat flu, so the precautions and habits are working for us. I see ‘persons’ who gather in groups Out and about who should not. I see lack of situation awareness , observatory habits that are the guardian angel of a street motorcyclist, in plain site. Low IQ humans are pitiful to observe, they are the statistics that the fear driven persons yearn and wait for every afternoon from ‘dear Bonni’. I’ve been running regular plate street bike now for 3 weeks, club meets with coffee every Sunday mornings. Mtn bike has been non stop. Do not continue self lockdown, it will be your mental breakdown.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yah I'm insured a week now on my drz. I don't see motorcycling being a higher risk than stuck in a car or truck or mountain biking. For me motorcycling certainly isn't based on being able to cross the line, that's just a perk. I'm also a fair distance from the border being in the north okanagan so cross border jaunts are a overnighter for me.

I've often said I've been self isolating long before the pandemic hit so there's been no big adjustment for me.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Kind of a shame there is fear in your words. Yeah, border is probably closed through the riding season which sucks
what you choose to do, with what you choose to believe in, is entirely up to you..
I think its a little funny you immediately start poking at the so called "low iq humans
which are so hard to observe".. Uhm, you still thought it was the fvcking FLU! Never
mind you avoided the topic once actual facts were posted. What is this 'low IQ' you
speak of? lol

why, shame? how deep you choose to read into said fear is totally up to you and there will always be that one dude that swears everything is just fine because 'they're just fine all this time'. Most of it comes down to making healthy personal decisions etc, but of course if you are not working with the public in a regular babis then clearly your exposure cant possibly be compared with somebody who constantly works on residential / commercial settings where we already know there are in fact rising infections. I dont think of it as fear, as that makes for a funky walk week in, week out. I already know we are going to be busy this summer, as has been the case every year since i got into the industry.

After a 40 to 50 hour week, in the middle of a fvcking global pandemic, I simply dont enjoy the added stress when i'm trying to enjoy a 'hobby'.. The more and more people get 'so called covid tired' the more chances they take and simply drop their guard... We get it, y'all dont give a shit about daily updates, you subscribe to the 'she lost the room' bs and find no issue belittling somebody who, for lack of better words, has a fvcking job to do. I appreciate the information Bonnie brings to the table, even if you, do not.

No, i dont sit there and watch for every update... but at this point its pretty damn straight forward to understand what the math will do. Rather simply you can see what real danger there is simply by looking at europe and elsewhere around the world. The 'mutated' virus is not something I want to deal with nor be exposed to.. No, we are not in the same place we were in last summer. Heck its only the end of March, and we all know how things spiked locally vs other parts of Canada back when ol' Bonnie actually 'had the room'. Things are obviously very different now and with vaccines out people will inevitably play the part of village idiots. The fact is the variants out and about are much more infectious and are in fact deadlier than the original virus. A massive infectious wave of said variants is not something we want to deal with, believe me when i say this. Nevermind we dont actually know what effect, if any the vaccines will have on said variants. so yeah, do what ever you fvcking want, just count me out. ;)

i'm already exposed by merely going to work. i dont see a single reason to add more to that.
Every damn gas stop, and food stop for that matter just means a whole lot of "'i'm not going in there with that many people" along with a shit tonne of "i'm just gassing up and going, not even taking off gloves nor helmet" stops along the way.

there's a lot of interests to keep me busy through summer while all of this dies down.

since you havent figured it out yet, this is what we're looking at, going into summer 2021.
if we're lucky, things will plateu somewhere near the same levels things spiked at last April.

everything you know, is wrong: goal posts have been relocated.

·
backslider
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
further to the variant spike in Brazil: what Doser had posted in another thread, that "the price of ignorance is far greater than the cost of an education" ... holds so true in that example, for just observe the things that Bolsonero has said and done in the recent months, all of which has led Brazil to the place it is in now ...

And that place, is in some ways, an existential threat to the world.

Evil lurks in many forms and corners ...

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
further to the variant spike in Brazil: what Doser had posted in another thread, that "the price of ignorance is far greater than the cost of an education" ... holds so true in that example, for just observe the things that Bolsonero has said and done in the recent months, all of which has led Brazil to the place it is in now ...

So ready to jump at criticism of a 'conservative' leader, yet look the other way with a left leaning country like Sweden, which also went down the path of natural herd immunity.
So predictable. So boring. Sigh.

·
backslider
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Um - there's a difference between conservative-ism, and lunacy.

Reactions: Steve G.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts

this was the exact angle discussed on the recent plea for vaccines.. two Brazil experts were
interviewed at length and both sighted similarities to Trump's approach on the whole thing.

flat out, this is what we're looking at:

10% of the population believe its all 100% fake, Trump had it right and its all man made madness.
10% of the population understand its 100% real and the virus has already mutated.

the other 80%? they're busy arguing, not doing a damn thing to stop the spread,
but what is worse, not doing a damned bit of research to prove / disprove the many
theories one way or another.. its just too much fun to bitch at each other over the whole thing.

Brazil will be the 1st nation to emerge with increased deaths in a younger population demographic due to covid 19. Fact is the US / Brazil populations are very different and down there, its the younger, disenfranchised portion of the population that will get the brunt of it.

an entire generation could be wiped out in the process.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
So ready to jump at criticism of a 'conservative' leader, yet look the other way with a left leaning country like Sweden,
facts, again:

you do realize even Sweden's top doctor (Anders Tegnell ) has been quoted as admitting he was flat out wrong in his assumptions, relaxed policies, etc. Essentially accepted full responsibility for being a complete idiot in his handling of it.. They got the math wrong. And we all knew it! I know at least on my end, i was very much vocal about it both on here and other discussion forums, FB, etc. Complete lunacy doesnt begin to cover their assumptions early on.

they are now leading the crowd for a full blown shutdown amidst new variants. Guess they're
about to take full advantage of new powers their Parliament approved earlier in the year.

With New Law, Sweden Gains Power to Impose Coronavirus Restrictions. Parliament has approved an emergency law allowing the government to place limits on public places, fine individuals and order businesses to close down.Jan. 9, 2021

STOCKHOLM, Feb 17 (Reuters) - Sweden’s government on Thursday proposed expanding its legal powers to close businesses and shut parts of society should a third wave of the novel coronavirus hit the country, though it said it saw no need to impose the curbs as yet.

Sweden has avoided the kind of strict lockdowns adopted across much of Europe since last spring, but has gradually tightened restrictions, especially after infections surged in autumn last year.

Parliament has already passed a pandemic law to give authorities widespread powers to shut malls and shopping centres, but the government said it now wanted to be able to close hairdressers, gyms and other businesses should Sweden be hit by a new surge in COVID-19 infections

“The decision today is not that we are going to shut down Sweden, but that we are giving ourselves the tools to respond should such a situation develop,” Health and Social Affairs Minister Lena Hallengren told a news conference.

Worries about a third wave have risen in recent days as the rate of new infections has inched higher after falling since the end of last year.

Sweden has also seen an increase in the so-called British mutation of the virus, thought to be more contagious than other variants, and vaccinations has been slow to ramp up amid delivery delays.

and for completeness sake:

The restrictions are still more relaxed than for many Europeans, who are already suffering their second or third national lockdown, but it's a significant change for Sweden, which had so far resisted restricting the freedom of its citizens. The government had instead relied on people to voluntarily practice cautious behavior.

Swedes were asked to maintain social distance, wash their hands regularly and work from home where possible – mere recommendations rather than legally enforceable restrictions. Restaurants, bars, shops and gyms have been allowed to remain open, while gatherings were limited to a maximum of 50 people initially and then to a maximum of eight in November, which compares with the rule of six that exists in the UK when not in total lockdown.

Although the Swedish government never said reaching herd immunity was the goal behind its approach to the pandemic, officials expressed their hope that some form of resistance to the virus would have slowed down the spread of the virus and meant an earlier end to the pandemic in the country.

But as cases started rising during fall and winter, Sweden's virus strategy has gradually changed.

Those who are critical of lockdowns to tackle the pandemic in countries such as the UK point to the fact that Sweden has had a lower level of deaths despite its government not imposing such measures.

But it has the highest per capita COVID-19 death rate of all Scandinavian countries. In the last month, Sweden has reported a 30 percent increase in the number of confirmed cases, which jumped from 5,726 to 7,441 and about 2,000 more deaths, according to data collected by Our World in Data.

Amid a steep rise in new cases, it seems many Swedes have lost confidence in the government's response to the pandemic and strategy widely credited to Anders Tegnell, Sweden's top epidemiologist.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I’m hoping for access to the US this season as well. If not, it won’t be the end of the world though. I’m up in the Kootenays now and surrounded by the best riding roads in the province. Coupled with very little traffic, day trips are the name of the game for me this season. I do hope they turn on the light at the end of the tunnel soon, it would help a lot of people. As for vaccination cards, I remember having to have one when I was a kid going to school. It won’t be too big of a deal if I had to have another one.

In the wee town I live in we also have a vocal group of anti-maskers. Several have been arrested, charged and even spent the night in the hoosegow as a result of their antics. They just can’t get into their heads that this will one day be over but those criminal code charges are around for a lifetime. Good luck getting into the US, volunteering for your kids sports or doing any job that requires a clear criminal record check.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
This is what has kept me going, its trust in science.. the process of it all..

there is just simply no point freaking out, living in fear your gov't is after you, etc. etc.

there is a light at the end of the tunnel, its just gonna take time. As much as I'd like
to believe the US will be fully vaccinated by the 4th of July, i'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
This is what has kept me going, its trust in science.. the process of it all..

there is just simply no point freaking out, living in fear your gov't is after you, etc. etc.

there is a light at the end of the tunnel, its just gonna take time. As much as I'd like
to believe the US will be fully vaccinated by the 4th of July, i'm not holding my breath.

I'm willing to barter that the USA will be suitably vaccinated before Canada. Amazing what in-country laboratories and production does for supply of such high commodity product in 2021.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I’m hoping for access to the US this season as well. If not, it won’t be the end of the world though. I’m up in the Kootenays now and surrounded by the best riding roads in the province. Coupled with very little traffic, day trips are the name of the game for me this season. I do hope they turn on the light at the end of the tunnel soon, it would help a lot of people. As for vaccination cards, I remember having to have one when I was a kid going to school. It won’t be too big of a deal if I had to have another one.

In the wee town I live in we also have a vocal group of anti-maskers. Several have been arrested, charged and even spent the night in the hoosegow as a result of their antics. They just can’t get into their heads that this will one day be over but those criminal code charges are around for a lifetime. Good luck getting into the US, volunteering for your kids sports or doing any job that requires a clear criminal record check.

I think I spotted your old Honda cafe RC-replica today. Did you sell it?

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
I'm willing to barter that the USA will be suitably vaccinated before Canada. Amazing what in-country laboratories and production does for supply of such high commodity product in 2021.
this assumes 'enough' of the population will be on board.. currently over 30% continue
to swear they wont touch it. I would not use the word 'suitably vaccinated' regardless
of how many shots are actually available.

look at Florida, even thought its now understood new variants are causing just as strong
a reaction to the virus in younger populations, American's could not fvcking care less..

sex parties are apparently back in full force.. stupid is as stupid does

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
this assumes 'enough' of the population will be on board.. currently over 30% continue
to swear they wont touch it. I would not use the word 'suitably vaccinated' regardless
of how many shots are actually available.

look at Florida, even thought its now understood new variants are causing just as strong
a reaction to the virus in younger populations, American's could not fvcking care less..

sex parties are apparently back in full force.. stupid is as stupid does
It’s almost as if you want the border closed forever. Travel banned forever. Everyone get back in your bunkers.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts