BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
forever, and ever, ever? like how long we've been wearing masks? i love the way you guys talk..

eternal-ism sounds like a lot of fun.. i swear you must be getting some deal on the tin-foil.. ;)

word is 49% of Republican men flat out will refuse a vaccine. its just simple math man.

education is a bitch. way things are going there will be an endemic, its not an 'if' any more.

this means for a few years you will likely require a vaccine when traveling internationally..

now wouldnt it have been a little smarter to just follow 'medical advice'?

i dont think it would be wise to open up the borders this summer, its asking for trouble
considering where things are at in Eruope, elsewhere.. at a certain point, the lessons
need to get cheaper.

but i'm with you on the bunkers. technically thats what we call 'our office'.. hahahha

·
lover of twins
6,105 Posts
So ready to jump at criticism of a 'conservative' leader, yet look the other way with a left leaning country like Sweden, which also went down the path of natural herd immunity.
So predictable. So boring. Sigh.

Your inability to note the the glaring differences between those two examples due to your blinding political arrogance/ignorance is, how shall I say, so predictable, so boring. I honestly find it surprising that someone with the intelligence you show when it comes to discerning motorcycle related topics of some complexity can't figure out the differences between the examples of Sweden and Brasil (and the US).

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I think I spotted your old Honda cafe RC-replica today. Did you sell it?
Yup, got rid of it last year. Where did you see it?

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
well then, call me crazy.. that didnt take long, what was it, two weeks?
Ontario has just released updated #s based on Variants infecting their population.

flat out, and across all age groups: 60% more infectious, 60% higher chance of death, 100% higher chance of ending up in ICU care. What they have found ends up exactly where we expected, and confirms what Europe / Brazil are seeing.

those younger on the list, meaning those in their 30s to 60s are now dying from Covid, just like the older population did with just the main virus strain. The more we let these variants do their thing the more likely an endemic will take hold, and we will have that many more years to deal with this stupid thing.

for what its worth, if you get the vaccine today, and are exposed to the virus you will still be infected. The only difference is your chance of hospitalization is lower,

edited, with added material:

there is some good news!

Vaccines appear to protect against B.1.1.7 variant
The three vaccines that have so far won emergency use authorization from the US Food and Drug Administration appear to protect people well against B.1.1.7.
Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine gets the nod from CDC

Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine gets the nod from CDC

Real-life use of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines indicate that while the B.1.1.7 variant can elude, somewhat, the immune response prompted by immunization, it's not enough to make the vaccines any less effective in protecting people. That's because the vaccines cause a broad immune response so that even if it's a little weakened, it's still powerful enough to prevent serious disease and death.

There's less evidence about the vaccine made by Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine arm, although it was tested in the US after B.1.1.7 started circulating.
"Preliminary evidence suggests that the currently authorized COVID-19 vaccines may provide some protection against a variety of strains, including B.1.1.7 (originally identified in the United Kingdom)," the CDC says in its guidance for fully vaccinated people.
Both BioNTech and Moderna have helped coordinate multiple tests of their vaccines against the variants.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
I should have just kept my mouth shut. Terrible weekend for virus outbreaks. We are now experiencing a THIRD wave in British Columbia, over 2k new cases through the weekend.

All indoor gatherings now suspended in BC; Breaker Switch lockdown in effect as of midnight.

COVID-19: 'Circuit breaker' restrictions for B.C. target indoor dining, fitness and faith services

Premier John Horgan said case counts have risen to “unacceptably high” numbers in the last week, higher than peaks during the second wave between November and January. He made an appeal specifically to young adults between the ages of 20 and 39, who are contracting the virus in greater numbers.

“Do not blow this for the rest of us,” he said. “We’ve come a great distance, but we cannot blow it now.”

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,226 Posts
Premier John Horgan said case counts have risen to “unacceptably high” numbers in the last week, higher than peaks during the second wave between November and January. He made an appeal specifically to young adults between the ages of 20 and 39, who are contracting the virus in greater numbers.

“Do not blow this for the rest of us,” he said. “We’ve come a great distance, but we cannot blow it now.”
I found this target of his to be sort of amusing. I'm doing all that I can to stay away from this virus, and have done my part to the Nth degree. However, that age group is living in the highest housing costs, with some of the lowest wages. Not only do the majority of those age groups work in minimum wage jobs, or front-of-customer jobs, many have to live communally to even pay the enormous rents. So close their place of work, because they are transmitting the virus. which leaves them in precarious rent positions, which is even worse for them, etc.

"We've stopped evictions". Great they get to live under a roof. Who the fuck feeds them? And when all this is starting to relax, how in the fuck do they catch up on rent? Nope, they'll be evicted once they are allowed to be, etc. A lot of the restrictions were half-assed and now this is playing out way fucking longer. Don't blame that group...blame the Gov't for a piss poor job of allowing fucking churches to continue, allowing gyms to stay open, etc. Shit that age group cannot even afford to miss work, so they go and get infected, and then work for as long as they can because they have to. I've seen the crowds at Whistler and the local hills. None of those should have been allowed to open, or it should have been limited guests at any time. This province has always been about the fucking money and not about the people. Teachers are only now considered front-line staff after 1 fucking year of this, and none of them have the vaccine yet either. It's just fucking backwards.

I'm not affected by any of this new lockdown at all. I've always made 90% of my meals at home, I don't order in often, nor have I been to any sit-down service since all this started last year. However, I really feel bad for those that are really affected by this again.

Reactions: kerunt

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I work with a couple fellow employees, who attend “fucking churches”. They have been closed since last fall. Rant all you want, you do you, but use facts to over tide your emotions.

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,226 Posts
Not all the churches have been closed and they have been found to be spreaders, so yeah, fucking churches. There are a few, that are continually in the news, that continue to hold services regardless of PHO. So yeah, there's some facts about a few fucking churches.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Not all the churches have been closed and they have been found to be spreaders, so yeah, fucking churches. There are a few, that are continually in the news, that continue to hold services regardless of PHO. So yeah, there's some facts about a few fucking churches.
3 churches. 3 places that have no evidence of being super spreaders.
Your disdain is quit evident. I
Think you need a nice pint of ale at a patio. I was at a lively place yesterday afternoon, safety and courteous the manner, as it has been these last 10 months.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Think you need a nice pint of ale at a patio. I was at a lively place yesterday afternoon, safety and courteous the manner, as it has been these last 10 months.
Fieldhouse?

Reactions: Steve G.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
I'm not affected by any of this new lockdown at all. I've always made 90% of my meals at home, I don't order in often, nor have I been to any sit-down service since all this started last year. However, I really feel bad for those that are really affected by this again.
i've heard the argument before, using a blanket statement to fit all those in their 20s, 30s, 40s is not always gonna pan out. A lot of it comes down to personal choices. We were doing an install at a new restaurant and while walking about testing the alarm system we saw servers, cooks, staff keeping social distance, washing hands often, cleaning and wearing PPE whilst serving clientele which was all in segregated sections around the restaurant. We were impressed, then it was lunch hour. The restaurant closed while they all took a break (opening weekend) and of course all employees sat elbow to elbow, with no PPE, sharing a pitcher of water, and joking about teh bloody restrictions they had to follow. Stupid is as stupid does, yes the boss' noticed, yes they could have said something. They did not. That was ONE restaurant, back in July or August of last year.

So you pan out and look at the province and the 'response'.. half the bloody people started bitching about shutting down the economy for so damn long, look the numbers are so low, whats the big deal? So of course they went ahead and decided to let the economy try 'n keep rolling, next we saw? a 2nd wave.. simple fvcking math. A third of society has made terrible choices in life, did we really expect things to be any different? Clearly a good chunk of the population has been much busier listening to conspiracy theories than giving half a shit about the pandemic. We know it 'worked' early on, then it went to hell. I think its a little selfish to blame gov't and health officials for the fact 'society' cant be trusted to 'make better decisions'.

is it just me that thought it was ridiculous they started talking about 'pandemic fatigue' a mere 4 months into this whole shit show? 4 bloody months? good lord.

maybe its just a city to city thing.. local 'pubs' are closed, only the sports bar is 'open' and it did not open back in May, in fact it was September. Regardless its been sitting empty for the most part at same times it would have been buzzing a couple years ago. Could it be the age group? maybe folks are just more mature? what a concept.

Chinese restaurant i frequent has completely gotten rid of indoor seating, they were doing deliveries for a few months but now its purely take out only. I dont have a schedule for when i order food and they've served me well. Same goes for the local pizza place. But like i mentioned, the beer and wine store is open, has been for months and months.. whats wrong with saving a dime and drinking at home? for the most part thought my lifestyle is not that of a 'bar-fly' or social butterfly so i'm fine with restrictions.

As far as the younger generations, If you've been in the usual dive industry you know the only reason they're there is to take advantage of TIPS and kickbacks etc. I did work at dead end jobs back in the day. I know several people who were all hanging out at the time and they're still working the same dead end jobs, paying ridiculous rent because they like downtown. Maybe its just me, moved out of Vancouver not long after we moved to Canada. Even when i worked those dead end jobs I had no desire to live in an expensive city just because its close to work. Skytrain was always accessible.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
3 churches. 3 places that have no evidence of being super spreaders.
exact same argument was made in Ontario when they decided to tackle the outbreaks based on regional approach.. ONE gym bitched and whined about being forced to close even though they had no major outbreaks, said church was right in the middle of a region which kept seeing outbreaks and high exposure / death numbers. Oh but it hasnt 'hit me yet'.. lol

answer by medical professionals: A STUPID virus does not go around thinking ohh i like this one gym, oh but not the other.. or i dont mind the Evangelists, but oh look there's a Catholic chuch over there, i fvcking hate Catholics.

medical professionals use models, based on fact, and as such in an attempt to best protect the public they need to focus on areas which are 'KNOWN' to be ripe for the picking by a virus that doesnt care who / what you are nor what your faith is. So if there are hot zones then they have to consider the possibility these kinds of establishments are 'dancing with the fvcking devil'.. And as such, its 'probably' smart to not take such un-required risks. Its actually very simple.

what you're saying is, all those 3 churches, know 100% without a doubt the virus wont hit them.Show me proof. 6 months ahead of actual stats; ever been struck by lightning? dont answer that. :D

for what its worth, my folks attend Church, they have done so remotely for months, over the internet. Those who wish, can show up in person once its over to take communion, but it much smaller group and everybody keeps their distance. They all wear masks. No outbreaks on said particular church either. Of course that has FVCK ALL to do with statistics.. its called using a brain to make educated decisions.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
exact same argument was made in Ontario when they decided to tackle the outbreaks based on regional approach.. ONE gym bitched and whined about being forced to close even though they had no major outbreaks, said church was right in the middle of a region which kept seeing outbreaks and high exposure / death numbers. Oh but it hasnt 'hit me yet'.. lol

answer by medical professionals: A STUPID virus does not go around thinking ohh i like this one gym, oh but not the other.. or i dont mind the Evangelists, but oh look there's a Catholic chuch over there, i fvcking hate Catholics.

medical professionals use models, based on fact, and as such in an attempt to best protect the public they need to focus on areas which are 'KNOWN' to be ripe for the picking by a virus that doesnt care who / what you are nor what your faith is. So if there are hot zones then they have to consider the possibility these kinds of establishments are 'dancing with the fvcking devil'.. And as such, its 'probably' smart to not take such un-required risks. Its actually very simple.

what you're saying is, all those 3 churches, know 100% without a doubt the virus wont hit them.Show me proof. 6 months ahead of actual stats; ever been struck by lightning? dont answer that. :D

for what its worth, my folks attend Church, they have done so remotely for months, over the internet. Those who wish, can show up in person once its over to take communion, but it much smaller group and everybody keeps their distance. They all wear masks. No outbreaks on said particular church either. Of course that has FVCK ALL to do with statistics.. its called using a brain to make educated decisions.
Your mad. Jump on your pedal bike and sip a beer. The two activities will do you good.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
its "you're" I think.. but yes the e-bike will get some good use this weekend.

alas.. decisions, decisions..

Some people have 'tough' jobs.. some not so much i guess.

Ontario called your bluff: EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN - 4 weeks minimum.
like i said, when it hits the fan. watch out for lightning. lol

as of Saturday, April 3rd @ 12:01am, 2021

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
its "you're" I think.. but yes the e-bike will get some good use this weekend.

alas.. decisions, decisions..

Some people have 'tough' jobs.. some not so much i guess.

Ontario called your bluff: EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN - 4 weeks minimum.
like i said, when it hits the fan. watch out for lightning. lol

You are clearly stressed, and rudeness appears to be a symptom.

·
backslider
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
in my best Cheech and Chong voice:

Now Claaaaaaa-a-a-as-s-sssss ...

61 - 80 of 87 Posts