BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out there with some knowledge about 24 hour suspensions when you are an N driver? can't find any information anywhere. So basically ill tell you a little about my situation, I used to be pretty dumb and drive around with my buddies smoking pot. Yes I realize it was wrong so I don't need a lecture here. Anyways I got two 24 hour suspensions, and because I had my N I consequently got two further suspensions. All in all, I was suspended for about a year. That was almost two years ago now, and I have gone ticket free and drug free since. It was a major wake up call for sure, so I am thankful it happened. Anyways my question basically is if you get a 24 hour suspension as an N driver, do you have to go ticket free until you get your full license. The other day I heard someone say that once you are suspended as a N driver, yes you have to restart your N period (which I did) but you also have to go ticket free for until you get your full license.

Thanks in Advance for any advice,

Chris

·
license to chill
2,863 Posts
I'm glad you saw it as a wake up call because that was some dumb decision-making.
Would I trust my license to BCSB? :laughing Do as mentioned, pick up the phone.

·
Tits'n'tires
137 Posts
One time me and a buddy decided to practice stunt driving in his dads Cobalt when we were loaded. Legit jumps and shit. 6 cops came racing into the industrial lot guns drawn etc (assumed the car was stolen) $2000 in suspension damage, cooked tires and a lost license. My buddies still a shit driver. Top 5 awesome moments for me tho.

How's this relavent? It isn't. Its just funny

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the first thing I did guys was call ICBC! However they weren't very clear about it. I have searched for hours on the internet and finally I said hey how about I take this into my own hands, ask a question, so I can possibly help someone else going through a similar situation as mine. All I was wondering was if there was anyone out there who had either gone through something like this, or knew the regulations that are in place. I have gone two years now without any tickets, suspensions, etc. So I just want to know that if by some stroke of unfortunate luck I get a ticket with demerit points, will my license be suspended again? I have gone two years now ticket and prohibition free, but haven't gotten around to getting my class 5 license. So without being patronizing and sarcastic like some people have been, I just want to know the facts. I understand what I did was stupid theres no question about that. I was also 16 years old. Now I am almost 21 and a much different person. Anyways appreciate the replies guys! hopefully we can get a solid answer here if not only just to help me out , but to also help someone else.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
One time me and a buddy decided to practice stunt driving in his dads Cobalt when we were loaded. Legit jumps and shit. 6 cops came racing into the industrial lot guns drawn etc (assumed the car was stolen) $2000 in suspension damage, cooked tires and a lost license. My buddies still a shit driver. Top 5 awesome moments for me tho.

How's this relavent? It isn't. Its just funny

Private property? Shoulda disputed.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Private property? Shoulda disputed.

"highway" includes

(a) every highway within the meaning of the Transportation Act,

(b) every road, street, lane or right of way designed or intended for or used by the general public for the passage of vehicles, and

(c) every private place or passageway to which the public, for the purpose of the parking or servicing of vehicles, has access or is invited,

The parking lot is the same as the streets leading into it....unless it is gated and restricted to owner access only. Go ahead & dispute that fact.

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
the first thing I did guys was call ICBC! However they weren't very clear about it. I have searched for hours on the internet and finally I said hey how about I take this into my own hands, ask a question, so I can possibly help someone else going through a similar situation as mine. All I was wondering was if there was anyone out there who had either gone through something like this, or knew the regulations that are in place. I have gone two years now without any tickets, suspensions, etc. So I just want to know that if by some stroke of unfortunate luck I get a ticket with demerit points, will my license be suspended again? I have gone two years now ticket and prohibition free, but haven't gotten around to getting my class 5 license. So without being patronizing and sarcastic like some people have been, I just want to know the facts. I understand what I did was stupid theres no question about that. I was also 16 years old. Now I am almost 21 and a much different person. Anyways appreciate the replies guys! hopefully we can get a solid answer here if not only just to help me out , but to also help someone else.
You better book a road test ASAP then.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts