BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know when i get this, will this effect my speedo? I know it is already off just normally thats why poeople buy speedo healers, but will this increase it?
I woudln't think so becuase it doesn't change the sensor on the bike.

oh yah and is this worth it? i mean i never really use the top speed, and when i do i dont keep it at that speed. what would be my top speed if i got thsi mod?

anything else i need to know about this mod?

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
your speedo will be off. Likely by quite a bit. Sensor runs off the front sprocket. I did 0 down, 9 up on the race bike and when I rode it on the street it indicated about 160 when I was doing about 100 if I remember correctly.

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh shit... it runs off the sprocket? oh shit.... i didn't realize that i thought it was off the rim or like something on the tire... damn..

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
ya, get a speedo healer. Mine is a racebike so the speedo is taped up anyway.

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fuck shit damn!!
how much are speedo healers? and where can i get one and it is hard to intall? or do i have to get it pro done?

·
AKA Newfie Girl
2,321 Posts
I got the speedo healer for my street bike (one tooth down). I had a shop do the job, and they said it was a bit of a pain, but it seems to work really well.

·
Happy Camper
2,698 Posts
So, just an idea...would it work to get one of those cheap electronic bicycle speedometers and hook it up to the front wheel? You'd have an extra little box next to your gauges with a more accurate reading.

The sensor goes on the front wheel, and you can program in the wheel size for the speed calculations.

Don't know if anyone else has tried this?

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
if you do, make sure it reads high enough. most bicycle ones only go up to 100k's an hr.

·
coco bongo
1,003 Posts
why do you care so much. i haven't had a speedo for the last two seasons, you can figure out how fast you are going by looking around

G

·
agreed ,if your passing cars your speeding .as far as the odo goes ,cuz the bigger sprocket will add kms faster than stock well you can either explain that to a future buyer or buy a low km gauge and replace it .Actual kms 1200km lady ridden ,never seen rain ,never dropped

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,226 Posts
Get a healer. I did a similar mod. I did 1 down and 4 up on my bike, or rather Bill did it for me. Speedo was out by about 20% which isn't too bad and I could do the math in my head pretty quick. HOWEVER, it also throughs the ODO off, and you try to explain to someone why you have 20% or so more KMs than really are on there. They'll call you full of shit if you tell them that. Heal it up if only just to fix the ODO.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
So, just an idea...would it work to get one of those cheap electronic bicycle speedometers and hook it up to the front wheel? You'd have an extra little box next to your gauges with a more accurate reading.

The sensor goes on the front wheel, and you can program in the wheel size for the speed calculations.

Don't know if anyone else has tried this?
Yep - right here - http://canyonchasers.com/shop/generic/sigma.php

1 - 14 of 14 Posts