BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Remember guys, if you feel anything...... just GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!..... or go somewhere safe.

Tell your wife, kids, GF.... whoever! Because if its the big one then chances some damage will be inevitable and judging from such disasters in other countries, running out before the house collapses is the smartest idea..

·
backslider
11,237 Posts
ya - Massett - ain't those the town-folks that sponsored the ba-jillion ton iron ore dump into the Pacific last week ...

·
Let the good times roll
1,083 Posts
That is pretty astounding.

When you look at it on the spreadsheet and you see other places only being listed once, twice or three times then you see Masset listed so many times it makes you wonder.

·
corner worker
1,024 Posts
Remember guys, if you feel anything...... just GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!..... or go somewhere safe.

Tell your wife, kids, GF.... whoever! Because if its the big one then chances some damage will be inevitable and judging from such disasters in other countries, running out before the house collapses is the smartest idea..
Honestly, that only works in a flat land area.
If you live in a place like the town of Hope, you have two choices, one stay in house and be crushed by a mountain landing on it, or two, go outside and be crushed by a mountain landing on you.

If its only a minor one, then staying in the house would actually be I think a better option than having a tree land on you.
Mind you, most of the newer homes in the Rural area of Hope are all geo-tech engineered, which usually involves the worse case. Meaning good for earthquake.
Either way, City, Rural, even with an emergency kit, from what I have seen, most people can't survive without wall-mart let alone no starbucks or tim hortons.

And then there is fear mungering, news media, politicians and all kinds of flake jobs taking advantage with money making opertunities that go along with the whole earthquake thing.
Good thing I live in Hope, at least it will be quick.

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
You guys need to calm the fuck down....there are tons of earthquakes in our area EVERY day, just not major ones.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Anyone concerned about what best to do in an earthquake would be well advised to google the best practices for said emergency. Not sure that advice from a sportbike forum is the best location for such information.

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
Anyone concerned about what best to do in an earthquake would be well advised to google the best practices for said emergency. Not sure that advice from a sportbike forum is the best location for such information.
Yeah, because people on this forum absolutely cannot have any good information about a topic other than sport bikes.

·
You'd be surprised
1,329 Posts
In some ways, all these little earthquakes are slowly releasing the pressure from the faults so that the "big one" doesn't need to occur. I personally think it is a good thing!

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Good thing we all did the BC Shakeout on the 18th, otherwise you might just be following such bad advice as "get the fuck out of the house" lol

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
In some ways, all these little earthquakes are slowly releasing the pressure from the faults so that the "big one" doesn't need to occur. I personally think it is a good thing!
Not necessarily! This recent quake was not in the San Andreas fault. It's possible it may actually have increased the pressure towards "The Big One"

1 - 20 of 40 Posts