BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Smooth Operator
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Ive been out of the loop for a little while, but I have a used 2003 600RR with 26 000 KMs on it lined up to buy.

Talked him down to $4k, is it a good deal? Never dropped, clear title, and with these extras:
Akrapovic full exhaust
Double Bubble windscreen
Satao rearsets
Pazzo levers
Integrated signals and rear fender eliminator
-All the common upgrades lol.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,276 Posts
Not a steal, but not a rip-off, either. I'd say it's a fair deal.

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
I sold my '04 cbr600rr a year ago for $2500. But it had over 40,000 kms on it and had been crashed three times ;) Other than that it ran and still runs great. I think the above deal is pretty good.

·
lover of twins
6,078 Posts
for this time of year it seems like a fair price. never mind all the add-ons though, what you want to find out about is the service history. have the valves been adjusted? if not then they're probably getting close. how about things like the chain, sprockets, brake pads, oil, tires, battery, fuel filter etc? if a lot of these consumables need to be replaced that could increase the cost of the bike by $1000 or more depending on how mechnaically inclined you are.

·
Smooth Operator
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.
Ive inquired about the servicing, he is a fairly recent owner (his brother was the previous one) and he is looking into the service history.
He says his brother is quite anal about servicing and what not though, but who knows how far that goes.

Of course, Ill also take it for an inspection prior to purchasing to cover all my bases.

·
lover of twins
6,078 Posts
Thanks guys.
Ive inquired about the servicing, he is a fairly recent owner (his brother was the previous one) and he is looking into the service history.
He says his brother is quite anal about servicing and what not though, but who knows how far that goes.

Of course, Ill also take it for an inspection prior to purchasing to cover all my bases.

and don't forget to dbl check the reg papers, see if the name on the seller's driver's license matches the name on the reg papers and if it says rebuilt or salvage title at all.

·
lover of twins
6,078 Posts
Yup, important :coffee
lol - i figured someone would pick up on that. i can laugh about it now b/c i got lucky with the state of my machine and now knowing how meticulous the original owner was. but i'll tell you, when i first found out what the deal was my heart just sank.

looking back on it though i am glad it worked out the way it did as i'm very happy with the bike. had i known about the rebuilt title right off the bat i might not have even bothered to go look at the bike in the first place.

lesson learned is to make sure you have all the details and that buying a rebuilt bike is not necessarily a bad way to go.

/derail.

·
Smooth Operator
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
(PS if any one has anything to say on the bike, about the ride and what not, Id like to hear it lol…I loved my F4i, but am going to use this on more short trips and not touring)

·
lover of twins
6,078 Posts
Reg papers will tell you the owner and if it's rebuilt title. They will not tell you if it's been in accident where it was not written off and it will not tell you if there are any liens against the bike. That info you have to get thru an autoplan agent or a bank can run it for you as well.

Will the registration papers tell me about the title, or do I have to go to ICBC and do a check??

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Hi.

Ive been out of the loop for a little while, but I have a used 2003 600RR with 26 000 KMs on it lined up to buy.

Talked him down to $4k, is it a good deal? Never dropped, clear title, and with these extras:
Akrapovic full exhaust
Double Bubble windscreen
Satao rearsets
Pazzo levers
Integrated signals and rear fender eliminator
-All the common upgrades lol.
Are you getting the original parts which were removed? Integrated turn signals suck on so many levels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If the description of the bike is true and it's mechanically good, I'd take it for $4k on the spot. I think that's a fair price.

·
Smooth Operator
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Geeze. There is also a rebuilt F4i with some cosmetic damage, but comes with gear, for $3k, and lower KMs (18k). Doesnt seem to be maintained as well though, but tempted to get it as a shit kicker.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts