BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
May 12 2005 at 7:00pm on the 4th ave exit i ate it and crashed BIG TIME. It was most likely my lack of seat time and speed. I spent 3 weeks in a drug induced coma. I had broken alot of bones from my face to my arm, leg, foot and a ton of other shit. My lack of experience was a big reason why it got ugly for me. When i finally got healthy enough i was transfered to GF Strong rehab hospital. I have undergone a nerve replacement surgery last week and i am hopefull that i will have use of my arm once again. This post is not a feeling sorry for my self post. I am hopeing a new rider reads this and will think twice about being ricky roadrace on public streets. Every single day for the past nine months i have been in a ton of pain. If you really want to open your bike up please be very careful. I am not an idiot thinking that everyone obeys the speed limit, that is just too fn boring. If you want to better your skills there are two schools for just that. Please just think about it!

·
Born to be WILD
2,495 Posts
Gregory said:
May 12 2005 at 7:00pm on the 4th ave exit i ate it and crashed BIG TIME. It was most likely my lack of seat time and speed. I spent 3 weeks in a drug induced coma. I had broken alot of bones from my face to my arm, leg, foot and a ton of other shit. My lack of experience was a big reason why it got ugly for me. When i finally got healthy enough i was transfered to GF Strong rehab hospital. I have undergone a nerve replacement surgery last week and i am hopefull that i will have use of my arm once again. This post is not a feeling sorry for my self post. I am hopeing a new rider reads this and will think twice about being ricky roadrace on public streets. Every single day for the past nine months i have been in a ton of pain. If you really want to open your bike up please be very careful. I am not an idiot thinking that everyone obeys the speed limit, that is just too fn boring. If you want to better your skills there are two schools for just that. Please just think about it!

Good Advice...but this post should be in the "New Rider Q & A" section.

·
1,000 Posts
good post man...took me a while to realize my accident was entirely my own fault, feels good to own up to it. good luck with the recovery!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Glad you are still with us Greg. I hope the recovery keeps going well and we'll see you on two wheels before you know it.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Yep glad you made it through and what the chances you wanna post up the pics you feel comfortable with. But ah keep out the piercing pics below the belt. :laughing

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't get too deep here as I still believe everyone needs to ride their own ride BUT, for the record I've conciously turned my street ripping down a notch ever since that night when I stood over greg in the emergency room..It was truly a horrifying experience one I hope noone else has to go through ever..I've had myself and I have seen firsthand endless crashes and injuries stuntin' now but never anything as severe or as life threatening as crashing on the streets with high speed...that's enough said from me as I definately shouldn't preach safety to anyone.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Gregory said:

I wish you strength in comming months, as your road to recovery is long still I'll bet.
..question,Gregory: How the hell do they replace nerves???
I didn't know they can do that.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm impressed by your honesty and forth-right view of your accident. I believe you accident was well document on this website, but regardless, you've left a positive impression for others to follow.

Good on you and I wish you a speedy recovery.

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
Gregor, good to see you up and posting. It'll take time but you'll be back to your old self with some hard work and great attitude, which you seem to have both of. :thumbup

·
AKA Newfie Girl
2,321 Posts
Its awful to hear the news of a friend crashing, but its a great feeling to see them pull through! Good to hear the recovering is still coming along well. You've been missed! Bring that smile out to see us!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I hope to see you around this season Greg. We were teaching an ART course at the Swan the evening of your accident. From all of the cops and stuff that were there, I didn't really think that whoever crashed had survived. I am glad that you pulled through and that you are now passing on the wisdom you have gained from your experience. Best of luck with the rest of your recovery.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If i can find some pics from the first couple of days when i was in a coma i will post those. That should be enough to make people slow down

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,219 Posts
Gregory said:
If i can find some pics from the first couple of days when i was in a coma i will post those. That should be enough to make people slow down
I think that's a great idea!

Though when I posted pics of myself in the ICU on life support after my accident in 2003 they were deleted and I was sent a message saying this wasn't rottendotcom :confused

1 - 20 of 33 Posts