BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Yamaha Rated R6
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i thought i solved my problem for my r6, well the battery was charged up and the bike started up on one hit, after that it started on one hit all the time, the next day i went to start it, it was cranking but it wouldnt turn over, and then i went back in forth a few times (dont know if it really helped) the bike started, but sounded like it was hesitating to stay on, then i pulled on the choke and it died out,and wouldnt start again, no matter what i did to help it out, does anyone know what the problem could be? thanks in advance

·
Necessary Evil
464 Posts
Crappy gas will do that. The R6 has fairly high compression, and if they get a sip of bad gas or watery gas they won't run. Try draining the carbs and tank, then use some Chevron 94 and see if it'll fire.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
I agree, sounds like a gas issue.

·
Sherlock Yam
22 Posts
if you start your bike up and then put on the choke your bike will die cuz thats what mine does if you do it too quick. I always put the choke on before i start my bike.
and regarding the hesitation, it could be something as simple as your battery terminals. My battery terminals were covered in corrosion before and i had the same problem, you might just need to clean those up a little so that you have a strong connection between bike and battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts