BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Yamaha Rated R6
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just a quick question, if anyone has a yamaha r6 or knows about them, i have a 1999, i was wondering if anyone knows how to top up the fluids on them? on all my levels they seems 2 be on low, how would i top up all my fluids, other than taking the bike to the dealership? oh yea and it just had a oilchange not even 200 kms ago

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Are you tilting the bike up to check levels? You need to do that otherwise it will read low. Have someone hold it and then check.

·
Yamaha Rated R6
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you tilting the bike up to check levels? You need to do that otherwise it will read low. Have someone hold it and then check.

hey thanks for the info, but yea i had someoen told it up straight, the one thing that concerns me the most is, my temp level, goes all the way up to 105:( and thats just when its started for 15 minutes, anyone know what the problem could be?

·
Yamaha Rated R6
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also can anyone tell me what the best coolent to use is, also the bet brake fluid and oil for a 600cc bike?, im going to go to canadian tire, so basically anythign that can be purchased there, thanks guys

·
Blue Power Ranger
498 Posts
Hitting 105 degrees after it's been idling for 15 minutes is perfectly normal man.

If my R6 is sitting in traffic for a couple minutes on a hot day it will hit that easily.. then the fan kicks in and it cools down a couple degrees.

In terms of oil... I don't know how extensive a selection Cdn Tire has. A great majority of people on this board would use a semi-synthetic blend like Motul has.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
dot4 minium brake fluid

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey thanks for the info, but yea i had someoen told it up straight, the one thing that concerns me the most is, my temp level, goes all the way up to 105:( and thats just when its started for 15 minutes, anyone know what the problem could be?
I have a 02 R6 and my bike was hiting that temp (no big deal) but I just put a toggle switch to my fan so I can turn it on, just incase.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Make sure you know how to bleed the brakes if you are planning on doing it. Nothing worst then a bike that you can't stop. Definitly go for at least a semi synthetic oil, it won't be as hard on the engine when your reving around 14.

·
Yamaha Rated R6
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is there any place in surrey where i can take my bike to get my brakes blead? also i can put any coolent i want in my bike right? its the same as car coolent is it not?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts