BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at changing over to a Alpinestars GP Pro Leather Jacket Black from my shift octane (just bought the A* Leather track pants and A* boots, and want a jacket that can zip into them/matches)

Just wanted to hear from anyone else who has or has had this or a similar A* jacket before, how was the comfort/fit for you?

I am about 6' 140lbs so i am thinking of grabbing 48 or a 50 euro.

Thanks for any feed back :)

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
I have a new A* SMK leather jacket. Not sure if this is gonna help you or not but here it goes.

I owned a Joe Rocket suit before the A*. I find the A* sleeves slightly shorter (maybe an inch). I have longer arms (39 inches) so my gloves and jacket just meet. the jacket itself is new so it is not as comfortable as my old worn in JR jacket. The zipper on the A* is much smaller than the JR suit. So it is a little harder to do up. The build quality of the jacket is fantastic. I really like the liner I can put in and out too. All in all great jacket and I can hardly wait for it to be broken in and comfy. It is a little stiff right now. I am 6'2" 210lbs.

·
get tfo
200 Posts
I'm 6' 240lbs. I recently bought a A* GPR jacket and love it. Mine is basically the perf version of the pro which is great for those summer rides. Plus it's a little bit softer and more flexible due to the perf.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Seems like you have the same build as I do, I'm 6'2 @ 140 lbs I've tried on many A* suits, and find euro size 50 to be the best. Not sure if the knee armor will be in place if you go size 48.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!
I got a size 30US in the pants(smallest size they have) which ended up fitting me absolutely perfect, so i was trying to see if the case would be similar for the jacket too.
I'll see if i can find a local store that carries the jacket and try out a size 50. I was really wondering if it was even worth the time to look into getting this jacket as I have very little time to go out and browse through various jackets right now with working 65+ hours a week @[email protected]'' but sounds like the general consensus is that the A* are quite comfortable ^__^ Hopefully i can squeeze some time in on Sat and see if i can grab this nice jacket!

Thanks again :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts