BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've never rallied a sled in that much fresh, I get tingles just thinking about that feeling. If I could ever justify costing one of those to my bank account I would.

·
Is it winter yet ?
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for all those who want to buy a sled .. mine's for sale ;)

Getting a new one next season .. my bank account has no problem with another $15,000 in debt lol

·
backslider
11,214 Posts
Lift tickets are much cheaper than sleds.

it's all about the fun value ;)
Fuck the lifts ... when there's lifts nearby then there's no pow left (I ski with a cohort who believe that when there's more than one track down a slope, its 'skied out').

I was in touring/skiing at Joffrey for a few days, and these two young Aussie boarders climbed from the climber's hut (5700') to the summit of Matier (9300') in two hours, skied down the 'back' side and over to Joffrey, front-pointed up the 'Aussie Couloir' (9100' - from 8100' on top of the col) and skied that, then trekked across the glacier to climb up and over Mt Slelok, skied the north face of that toward upper Joffrey LAke... and then skinned back up onto the glacier and across to drop back down Anniversary Glacier back to the cabin by six o'clockish.

Fucking ANIMALS!

·
Is it winter yet ?
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Fuck the lifts ... when there's lifts nearby then there's no pow left (I ski with a cohort who believe that when there's more than one track down a slope, its 'skied out').

I was in touring/skiing at Joffrey for a few days, and these two young Aussie boarders climbed from the climber's hut (5700') to the summit of Matier (9300') in two hours, skied down the 'back' side and over to Joffrey, front-pointed up the 'Aussie Couloir' (9100' - from 8100' on top of the col) and skied that, then trekked across the glacier to climb up and over Mt Slelok, skied the north face of that toward upper Joffrey LAke... and then skinned back up onto the glacier and across to drop back down Anniversary Glacier back to the cabin by six o'clockish.

Fucking ANIMALS!
Too much Kangaroo meat in them aussie boys i tell ya .. yeeesh !! that's a lotta touring.

My buddy's did the Duffey the next day
https://vimeo.com/39241579

I can appreciate the effort that goes into skinning and earning your turns. But i would rather get 20x the amount of downhill with 200x the fun going uphill, sidehill, all over the hill when the downhill gets tracked out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts