BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new series of videos documenting some of the best motorcycle roads and trips on YouTube. Many more roads to be documented across the eastern US, Canada and beyond. This is just the beginning. I'm having some fun doing these. Videos taken using a GoPro HD camera on a ZX-9R.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVqZ1AC3M9g

Here's a slideshow of some awesome twisties in West Virginia, North Carolina, the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Tail of the Dragon. Looking forward to hitting those roads again with the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXIHltwtJUI

I'll be documenting in more details these roads at worldtrip.ca and the goal is to build a road guide with videos on the site. If you have any road suggestions to get on film especially in New England and eastern Canada let me know. Happy riding! :rockon

·
ride a lot
1,822 Posts
I used to go ride SR17 in VT, southeast of Burlington a lot.

It's really short, but really tight corners with a great elevation difference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! SR17 is a good one and a favorite. Funny as I was considering it next along with some local roads. SR17 it is! I live near Montreal so it's not too far away. Any other suggestions in that area to get on film as well? I'll make a day of it in the coming days. If I recall 125 has some decent sections before hitting Middlebury from the east. I use motorcycleroads.us as a reference. Will let you know when it's online. I'm also told there's a great twisty near Lake George heading north I believe, any ideas? Another road I'm looking forward to filming is Maine's 27. So many roads to cover :) Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's too bad the speed limit is slow.. Something around 40 mph or so.. I miss West Virginia and surroundings for that. 55 mph on mountain twisties :) Oregon tour guide eh.. Where do you mostly ride?

·
ride a lot
1,822 Posts
It's too bad the speed limit is slow.. Something around 40 mph or so.. I miss West Virginia and surroundings for that. 55 mph on mountain twisties :) Oregon tour guide eh.. Where do you mostly ride?
40mph limit on Appalachian Gap? I've never seen any cops there, and you can still have fun at speed limit on those 15mph turns.

For Oregon, most twisties are found along the coast, and northern half along Columbia River to Idaho border. My best would be SR218 between Antelope and Fossil, or SR242 McKenzie Pass.

·
ride a lot
1,822 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for those two links. I became a member at both and turns out an acquaintance of mine is one of the administrators at M4E. They organize rides on there too which is cool. I hope to get the chance to ride some of your roads in your parts one day. Oregon is something. Happy riding!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The latest and greatest

The latest and best yet with an 80s twist. Thanks for watching!

Damn.. This video which I put a lot of work into was blocked by the Warner Music Group due to the song Land of Confusion by Genesis.. Some studios now work with YouTube to advertise their music but not this one. Gonna have to redo it :( And it was so good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mitch.. Sorry bout that. Seems like the Warner Music Group hasn't come around to letting videos advertise their songs like a bunch of other studios are now doing. I'll have it back on with a different song from a different studio next week. It was good :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Video is back up

I was just about to remove the video from YouTube when I landed on one on how to dispute WMG. With the new copyright laws and the Genesis song credited in the description the video is back online. So for the second time today here it is.. Please advise if it doesn't work. As with other videos that feature copyrighted videos it may not work for folks in the UK and Germany, perhaps some other countries. Enjoy! :rockon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6vkiDRfANk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.