BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered Rider
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or do your co-workers constantly ask you questions about your bike because they see you come into the office with a helmet and leather jacket everyday? It wouldn't be so bad if the questions were more than, "so hows the bike", "must be a wet one out there", "wow you drive to work in the rain", "do you know Jack?".

My personal favorite is "Did you ride to work today" (while i'm walking into the office), no I'm just carrying a fucking motorcycle helmet around for general safety you tard.

Am I alone? I'm treated like I'm some kind of stunt driver or something. I know this sounds bitter, but the behavior is consistent across like 40+ employees for almost two years now.

"Hows the bike?" I dunno hows your godamn car?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
i just try and smile like i know something they don't.
(i do. the joy of motorcycling....because the people who ride in my office don't ask stupid questions)

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I just say "huh? what bike?"

·
Bohica
2,801 Posts
biko said:
Is it just me or do your co-workers constantly ask you questions about your bike because they see you come into the office with a helmet and leather jacket everyday? It wouldn't be so bad if the questions were more than, "so hows the bike", "must be a wet one out there", "wow you drive to work in the rain", "do you know Jack?".

My personal favorite is "Did you ride to work today" (while i'm walking into the office), no I'm just carrying a fucking motorcycle helmet around for general safety you tard.

Am I alone? I'm treated like I'm some kind of stunt driver or something. I know this sounds bitter, but the behavior is consistent across like 40+ employees for almost two years now.

you just need some 'shocker' answers that'll shut them up in future ...

D

·
0 Posts
people at work actually look for my gear to see if i made it in that day.

it's the dolts downtown trying to make idle chat in the elevators that ask such silliness.

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
This year I organized it so that all riders could park downstairs in our secure parkade, rather than on the top parking deck in teh rain/sun/snow.

We have 17 people that ride in the office (out of a few hundred), but I usually don't get any comments about riding in. Mostly they ask me why my shoes squeak so much when I walk (I leave my helmet and gloves in my hard bags on the bike).

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I love the ones that ask "what kind of bike do you have?". I can rattle off make, model, year and displacement, but usually it's greeted with a blank stare. So now I just say "Honda" or "sportbike", that usually answers the small talk.

Lousy winter days will often invite the comment "do you ride in this?". Seeing as I obviously rode to work, it's a bit of a stupid question.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Squint said:
I love the ones that ask "what kind of bike do you have?". I can rattle off make, model, year and displacement, but usually it's greeted with a blank stare. So now I just say "Honda" or "sportbike", that usually answers the small talk.
Man.. I was going to say the same thing. lol.
I usually just say sportbike now.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
They've gotten used to it over the years. I still gets looks and comments from the peanut gallery when i'm all suited up though.

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
Enger said:
I've been asked by 4 different people: ...."Is that your little red Honda Jazz out front??"
well is it ???:devillook. on the serious side, i have an assclown at work, says ''he used to own harleys''.. but everytime i take a diff bike to work , he asks '' can it wheelie??'' i so wanna bitch slap him.:rolleyes

·
Learning the hard way.
1,334 Posts
I used to live in Surrey I said "oh no, this gear's for transit... I get off at Surrey Central you know. You can never be too safe."

"Did you ride today..." sheesh, I'm holding my helmet in my hands. Right now...

...If I hit you over the head with my helmet would it make more sense?

·
The Band-Aid Bike
212 Posts
Roger: It is red, and it is a Honda, but I said I traded UUUUP! lol ....
Yup, everyone at work thinks I ride a scooter. But everyone thinks Jerry rides a Harley. lmaoooooo. :laughing

BLADERUNNER 954 said:
well is it ???:devillook. on the serious side, i have an assclown at work, says ''he used to own harleys''.. but everytime i take a diff bike to work , he asks '' can it wheelie??'' i so wanna bitch slap him.:rolleyes

·
Rider
121 Posts
Usually get a lot of weather forecasts:

Do you know its raining out now? or aren't you cold? It's 4 degrees outside!

My favourite has already been said earlier on this thread:

My helmet is on my desk and my leather suit hanging on the back of the door, and someone will say "Did you ride in today?"

K

·
0 Posts
biko said:

I know exactly how you feel. I come in with full leathers, Taking off my helmet, heeey, you ride here? No you freeloadn hippy i drove here in my nascar:rtfm

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
biko said:

Hahaha..funny stuff.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts