BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last few weeks of the (possible) season... couldn't I just commute till mid-Nov when the plates run out? whine.... whine...

·
+ 39.9 km/h
1,521 Posts
That sucks, makes you think if it's worth a new tire now or plug it until next year.
One summer there was construction going on in a building across my back alley and I got FIVE screws/nails in my tires.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
oops.. on the groove no less. i picked one up not long ago but then the tire still has life on it.

if you plug it, go with fresh stuff, ours failed and sprung a tiny little leak.. annoying AF

all fixed now..

·
Registered
11 Posts
If it was my bike I would probably run it in a plug for a few weeks. It looks like a reasonable candidate for a plug. Last year I got one on a new tire 50 kms and ran a plug the whole season....I did keep an eye on it and I have a TPMS on this bike so I can be sure I have proper air pressure at all times.

Here's a couple of pics at the begging and end of life for that tire with the plug for anyone curious.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
This has happened to me a couple times, once a front tire south of John Day, once a rear in Mexico. Front tire, I wanted it off the bike ASAP, the rear I plugged and ran it till the tread was gone.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the mushroom plug treatment - back in business. I've done this in the past and had no issues, even at above 200 kph speeds... the structure is fine; it's just the air-holding capacity that gets damaged.

Reactions: heisenberg9

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've plugged many motorcycle tires (and a ton of car tires) over the years with the quickie external sticky string style plug. Never had one fail or leak before the tire wore out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts