BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B MATHEWS sorry I didn't get back to you Q about Merritt.
I'd love to get out there , but it looks like it's gunna take a few mor years before they get that one going?

The goverment stepped in and said they wanted the sport complex to get their own interchange,and they wanted it to be south of M town.

The company's only option is to redo the existing road that's already there.....................exactly what M town wanted,but at a cost of $3-5M the complex is on hold until further notice.

I personaly think that the only place in western Canada to put a track would be Osoyous, it could be just like Laguna Seca?
Think about it,settled in Canada's only desert,much like Laguna, a town with some atmosphere in it.........not like Merrit(sorry merrit but your to cowboy for me)
And Osoyous already has a hundred or so motel's ,and good beaches,and did I mention,the longest ,hottest summers,dry, oooowwwwwww I can hardly wait to go smokin up the MIGHTY Anarcrist Mountian.

Theres a corner on that hill.......I swear it takes 5 minutes to get through it......and thats with a peg ,and sometimes a knee down all the way through it !

Man I miss summer,thank God & Yamaha for snowmobiles !

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
To PH-Q2, I think you're on to something there. Osoyous would be great since there's the lakes and it's closer to the border for that all important, from a commercial standpoint, American dollar.

And a might big :2up to our provincial government who has probably cut the throat of the summer tourist industry in Merrit thanks to there short sighted, heads stuck up their own anus view of what a proper motorsport facility could do for BC.

I didn't and still don't really believe that the track will go in the first place but I guess I'm a realistic optimist because what else CAN a person do..... :rolleyes

I'm gonna have to check out that corner one day this summer. Sounds like it's worth the trip just for that :)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
It's really unforuntate.... and I agree with all of you that 'M Town' isn't the greatest place for the track. Osyouous would probably welcome it with open arms..

I still think Mission would be the best place to put it though.. although it doesn't have the amount of hotels/motels that Osyouous does (I know I'm spell that city wrong)...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm sure mission is a good place for a track,BUT like westwood it would get gobbled up by urban development,and when you take into consideration the millions that can be spent in making a track, it would be verry risky to put a trackin with no guarenteed future! Thats why we need one that is boath PERMENENT and out of the way a little.Laguna Seca is 15 miles from Monteray and I'v NEVER heard anyone complain about the drive? besides mission has to much rain(waaaa) you can hear a ford rusting in the parking lot from the end of the front straight.

and mission is to flat for a cork screw?

man can this guy ride the screw,if you'v been there,you'd know it's hard to evin walk down the screw,let alone ride a bike down it,or if ya got ball's like Ben,wheelie down it, Fuck ....the pressure you feel in the corner 12 is unreal! down hill ,just had a shit,and you tryin to keep it from leakin all over the track,who's got time to concentrate?

maybe it's his girl that he's in such a hurry to get back to...I would?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ben's tomatoe! love the tan lines on her hip's

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last year I got a set of media passes from Dave Dispane from speed vision.............top O the line tickets I might add.
Can't thank him enough for them, I could go on for hours about the royal treatment we got with a media pass,free parking on Ducati island(R1&gsxr 1000) we didn't fit in,but we had the passes to be there! free food,beer,pit passes that got you right into............and I mean into the pit's,and int the hot pit while rinning on the track, triped over Frankey Keeley on the way in ,touched the Bennelli Toronado,fucking unreal ! I wonder if my friendship with Dave will get me tickets this year ,with him going to the Speed ch? Ow and I have to thank Chet Burk productions as well,after all he did get us the tickets.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Uhhh.. first off. Ben's girl is quite hot. But I really wouldn't expect any less from him. ;) Have you seen his brothers kick stand? (picture enclosed).

Oh man, I really hope I can make it down Laguna this year - I think it would possibly be one of the best trips ever. You sound like you got the best trip their yourself - I mean, Media passes? Basically allowing you to do whatever the f**k you like? Pretty sweet dude.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
absolutdm said:
Uhhh.. first off. Ben's girl is quite hot. But I really wouldn't expect any less from him. ;) Have you seen his brothers kick stand? (picture enclosed).
Thats E-Boz's girlfriend.....WOW!!!:eek

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NO this is his girlfriend !

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
PH-Q2 said:

man can this guy ride the screw,if you'v been there,you'd know it's hard to evin walk down the screw,let alone ride a bike down it,or if ya got ball's like Ben,wheelie down it, Fuck ....the pressure you feel in the corner 12 is unreal! down hill ,just had a shit,and you tryin to keep it from leakin all over the track,who's got time to concentrate?
thanks for scaring the crap outta me considering i'll be on the corkscrew in November:laughing .... i've been told whatever you do DON'T TOUCH YOUR BRAKES!!!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
thr1 said:

thanks for scaring the crap outta me considering i'll be on the corkscrew in November:laughing .... i've been told whatever you do DON'T TOUCH YOUR BRAKES!!!!
you lucky dog! i would love ot do laguna just to say ive been on it

i will be there to this year to watch the WSB but no riding:(

dont forget you stock pipe, they have noise regulations there for track days

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
Kit said:

yeah i know about the noise regulations, my pipe is still stock...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NOVEMBER WTF with that? They have track dates just after the WSB weekend,you should try to get in to that one?

And as far as brakes on the downside of the screw,well if your gunna use them?.........................look for a safe place to land first?

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
PH-Q2 said:
NOVEMBER WTF with that? They have track dates just after the WSB weekend,you should try to get in to that one?

And as far as brakes on the downside of the screw,well if your gunna use them?.........................look for a safe place to land first?
going with a group to do the Reg Pridmore school so i don't have much of a choice....would have loved to be there for WSB weekend

as for the brakes, not to worry i won't be touching them in the corkscrew

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Kit said:

If your going to Laguna Seca for the races in July there are 3 things you can to get on the track.

1) PAY $15 to ride the parade lap. Lots of fun

2) Stay on the monday after the race for the open track day, but you better sign up now.

3) Just turn left instead of right when heading for the paddock parking lot ignore the security guard and ride like a mad man till they catch ya. Leave a couple grand with a buddy for bail and you are all set. If you do it on sunday between the AMA and SBK race you will even get a video as proof. :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I personaly like option #3 but gettin you ass chased down by a bunch or angry superbike guy's, somehow dosen't seem like fun.

I was going to got the Pridmore school with a buddy of mine, but he couldn't get New Year's off from his girl friend,and I didn;t want to go alone(shitty)
I told my race partner, paying $350 US to do the Cork Screw once would be just fine in my book's.
And he told me , I should atleast go slow the first lap,and get tires good and sticky,and then try to get a good line through it.

But I know I'd CHOKE and get caught up in the excitement of it all?

I allways thought the Cork screw was the scariest turn on that track,Wrong the first turn,the one you can't see on tv,the one that as you go up the front strait,and crest the hill at 160+mph and you don't really know it ,but the crest is a turn.....and guess what .....your in it! and as you look forward down the track, turn 2 is like at 10 o clock and you gotta get on the rivits if you want to stay outta those hay bails !.

Ya it's pretty amazing to watch WSB&AMA fuy's go full speed over that one.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I can't wait to go to Laguna this year. Should be a blast, about 18 of us from vrombc.com are going and there are still I think 2 rooms available if anyone wants to join us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts