BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding almost daily (rain or shine) except for the occasional day that I spend with my parents.

The last couple of days I had to work so I had to cancel my night riding, but until tonight, I felt like I was missing something and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I found myself unable to focus on my work, always getting up from my desk, feeliing painfully aware that there was something missing.

Finally I completed my task and made the decision for a ride tonight.

I just got back from a 5 hour ride spanning from Vancouver to Surrey, to Coquitlam. It is my favorite loop in which sometimes I will do the loop several times depending on how tired or cold I get. As I am typing this up, I am completely relaxed. :rockon

I am admitting that I am addicted to riding and I am wondering if this addiction is going to get worse? or will the novelty wear out over time?

Ralphael

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
The novelty of doing loops in the city wears off over time. But the addiction of riding never ends.

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
I was just like you on my first season. It's a phase that I went through. After that I only hit up the fun roads. I got bored of riding in traffic.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The novelty of doing loops in the city wears off over time. But the addiction of riding never ends.
So the addiction of riding never ends, but I will get bored of the loops...

After that I only hit up the fun roads. I got bored of riding in traffic.
and it will get worse because you will be searching for the fun roads (like cypress) :eek:

:surrender

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
So the addiction of riding never ends, but I will get bored of the loops...

and it will get worse because you will be searching for the fun roads (like cypress) :eek:

:surrender
There are a lot of good roads in Langley and especially in Abbotsford. Very good roads. With little to no traffic.

·
Livin' la Vida Loca
957 Posts
sweet sweet cypress.. how I miss you so...
You wont miss Cypress if you go there to ski. Just as fun, near as expensive, and it keeps you from thinking about what's in the garage.

·
Registered
271 Posts
my addiction? same as you, and my first season as well

i go out for a ride...... ride to my desire..... come back park the bike..... take 5 steps away, look back..... wow so sexy...... get back on and ride..... come back..... park..... stare at it..... force my two legs to walk quickly out of the garage.

·
Registered
274 Posts
im with ya brotha,,,now that i've taken off the insurance and parked my bike for the season,i have no other way to relieve my stress that i sometimes get from work or at home......i just miss riding and i cant wait for next season......

G

·
I've been riding almost daily (rain or shine) except for the occasional day that I spend with my parents.

The last couple of days I had to work so I had to cancel my night riding, but until tonight, I felt like I was missing something and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I found myself unable to focus on my work, always getting up from my desk, feeliing painfully aware that there was something missing.

Finally I completed my task and made the decision for a ride tonight.

I just got back from a 5 hour ride spanning from Vancouver to Surrey, to Coquitlam. It is my favorite loop in which sometimes I will do the loop several times depending on how tired or cold I get. As I am typing this up, I am completely relaxed. :rockon

I am admitting that I am addicted to riding and I am wondering if this addiction is going to get worse? or will the novelty wear out over time?

Ralphael

you're in your 40's right? fuck you need to grow up.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree... dont waste any more time being depressed if you miss a couple days riding... what a waste of time!!!! use the winter for some fucking soul-searching if you need it (sounds like you may???)

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
you're in your 40's right? fuck you need to grow up.
Don't mind SS. He's been grumpy ever since he sold his motard and later realized that he'd made a HUGE mistake.... :D

The thrill of riding in heavy traffic soon passes. But us old timers wouldn't still be riding if the addiction didn't have us in a firm grip on the short and curlies.

Oddly enough my DR350 dual sport even made riding in town fun again. It's my favourite errand runner.... but I still don't like stopn'go crap. BUt now I can jump the median and go back the other way... :evilgrin

·
Registered
501 Posts
Went up to whistler for opening day yesterday, fuck i love boarding! Get a winter hobby there is better things to do then ride (the bike) in this shit weather.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i rode up to whistler(halfway lol) yesterday as well... around 5pm? saw two bikes coming down.... was one of them u?!

but yea i'm getting my gear and snow board..... so expensive ><

·
Posing with conviction
5,397 Posts
i rode up to whistler(halfway lol) yesterday as well... around 5pm? saw two bikes coming down.... was one of them u?
I came down bout 4:30 by Horseshoe Bay (Silver R1) was with a couple of other guys on older bikes.

Not many bikes out yesterday (count em on one hand). Surprised given its the first day of semi-decent weather in the past week couple of weeks.

Saw a Vstrom heading up towards Whistler around dusk.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts