BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide what to get as my next hobby/toy. I've been contamplating getting back into wind surfing or kite boarding but am looking for other options to choose from. So far I do things like, snowboarding, rock climbing, sky diving, downhill mountain biking, aggressive inline, motorbikes (obviously :) ) pretty much any sport(soccer, football, basketball, etc), scuba diving certification coming this summer, etc etc.

I'm finding one of vancouvers great qualities turning against me for picking a sport to really get into. the short seasons. Sure I can snowbaord, motorbike, windsurf all in the same year but the seasons are so short you kind of have to spread out your actvities to be busy all the time. Any suggestions guys?

-arai-

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heheh my stoppies and wheelies are fine on my downhill rig. A friend of mine got a bmx a little while back.... it just felt too wierd after getting used to my 40 pound dual susp rig.

-arai-

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Skydiving is next for me. My brother got into it a few years ago and loves it. I'm thinking of taking the course this summer. Nothing like jumping out of planes:) .

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
how about private pilot license?

im gonna get one eventually.

of course i always wanted to fly a chopper, but i think it's few times more expensive then a lil cessna license :(

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Try out paintball. If you want an adrenaline rush that's it. It's so much fun to play with big groups. I always play with Dat and Moe from action and its a blast. :gun

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Miteorite said:

of course i always wanted to fly a chopper, but i think it's few times more expensive then a lil cessna license :(
Ya, I looked into it.. it's about $35k.

Not cheap - and not a lot of work available..

D

·
0 Posts
racing boats. nothing like hanging off the side of a hull doing 30 odd knots with nothing powering you but a sail.

·
518 Posts
Just wait till I get my Paraglider going behind my drag boat... i'll need some worthy guinie pigs......

I'm serious about this one.. allthough i'll be the first to do it.....

400 yards of rope needed too......:thumbup

D

·
0 Posts
Evil-E said:
Just wait till I get my Paraglider going behind my drag boat... i'll need some worthy guinie pigs......

i'll be there with a huge knife just waiting to cut you loose :D

J

·
0 Posts
Evil-E said:

So, ahem, where do we sign up :) :) :) :)

·
fat old bastard
826 Posts
Try bungy jumping,

Bungy Zone in Naniamo, awesome,
try just stepping off the platform instead of diving the whip affect is unbelievable:thumbup ,i bounced at least 5or6 more times than when i dived straight down

The zip line, freakin fast
140 kms across the canyon.
they also have a outside bar with patio for watching people jump
or getting some courage in a bottle for the timid
or try elevator surfing but thats a trade secret.

i love doing this kind of shit makes me feel alive

W

·
0 Posts
bender said:
wrestle fat women.
:laughing :laughing :laughing
I laughed pretty hard at that one ^_^

U should try renting a scooter with some friends- its actually pathetic fun-

Or try Go Karting in Richmond in the 6 road area I dont know what its called...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts