BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing as advanced rider training available around here? I see lots of ads for courses south of the border. Has anyone ever taken one?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
If you check the links section, I know that the Canadian Saftey Council offers an advanced riding course - although I'm unsure as to what they actually do. I got my license through them, and would defintetly recommend them, I believe they are throughout BC.

If it's racing, that's a whole differerent story, and you'll need to check out Westwood (links as well).

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
My wife Sherry got to take the advanced course. Mostly what they do is teach and practice emergency braking, last minute lane swerving and sharpen a few other pre situation tactics. There were a couple of other things but I can't remember them now.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I'd also recommend a book I just picked up. "Twist of the Wrist 2" by Keith Code. Haven't read much of yet, but I've already (in my mind) improved my riding technique.

·
Registered
634 Posts
did you have to order it or did you find it here in Van? I've been looking for it but usually just when I stop by at chapters, heh they dont tend to stock the good stuff

-arai-

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Actually.. I got it off of Ebay. Chapters needs to order it in, and they're wanting $29.99 for it. I paid $9.99USD plus shipping.. no duty / taxes or anything..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts