Wait for it.

Wait for it.

I think I hate you ARCRZ.

Hope 2012 is treating you right buddy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Anyone in BC with an 08 or newer SXV? I would love to hear your experiences....

At the present time I'm have narrowed down the options to the following:

2008, 2011 Aprilia SXV 550
2010 Husky SMR 510
2011 Husky SMR 511

^What are the opinions/experiences out there on these machines? I understand they are all good performers, what about reliability?

*I can't find any KTM SMC bikes in BC/WA presently
bumping

·
I ride bikes w/o lights
70 Posts
I agree with Pee Wee, the big bore KTM, Husky as well 510 Husky and maybe the Berg are the best choices....
Most who want performance and don't care about maintenance almost always regret the choice after 5 K worth of riding...

BTW, most 500 sum odd CC street tards are around 250 to 260 pounds...the bigger bores are 300 to 320
a stock big bore 2 smoker is 235 to 240 pounds rolling on 17's with front brake and guards etc...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got 2 KTM SMC 625s if I could find one 690 SMC to buy I would sell both of mine. Otherwise I can't think of a better street tard, well for what I do which sometimes includes long rides on highway.

·
I ride bikes w/o lights
70 Posts
I rode a 625 a couple months ago on our local track....put some tires on it with a slipper and it does really well....really nice motorcycle...down here a buddy sold his 625 for 3500 bucks....Ffff the buyer stole it... it was a cream puff too...

·
Tarded
810 Posts
bMar I feel bad your thread got so derailed and I am hoping you got some good info so far.

One question though , have you ever thought about a Husaberg 570 Supermoto? I do know where there is a brand new one for sale.

You know it's so hard every time these threads come up cause there are literally so many variables.

Honestly how many KM's would you think you will put on per year? I only ask cause it would really influence reliability issues.

Trust me I know people that swear their Supermoto's are bomb proof but when it boils down to it they have put on 1000 km in a few years. Some others would have put that on in a weekend so you kinda get the idea of where I'm coming from.

I've had a few Supermoto's and ridden almost every offering out there and to be honest it's all about picking the weapon for the fight.

The problem with the DRZ's and WR 250's IMO is their weight , both of them are in the 300 lb range , the Ape isn't far away from that but it has double the horsepower. It's really not a super light traditional Supermoto in that regard.

IMO if you want the most fun out there buy the lightest , most powerful bike you can afford to maintain.

If you want to pound miles on with a Supermoto feel, weight and power will both be sacraficed for reliabilty.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I know of that 570 Berg that Humpme Dumpme is talking about and its hot....dirty hot with a capital DIRTY. I threw a leg over it a while ago and it felt like I was cheating on my Husky. Street legal, 260 pounds, a ton of power and it feels like a mini bike when your sitting on it. I really like my 04 Husky 450 because of how small it feels and the Berg felt just as tiny.

Whatever you get just keep in mind that your going to do something stupid on it everytime you ride it. You say you wont right now but as soon as you fire it up......................................................your stoopid.

·
23,536 Posts
Whatever you get just keep in mind that your going to do something stupid on it everytime you ride it. You say you wont right now but as soon as you fire it up......................................................your stoopid.
Nice, this is what appeals to me most........one day........

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
I know of that 570 Berg that Humpme Dumpme is talking about and its hot....dirty hot with a capital DIRTY. I threw a leg over it a while ago and it felt like I was cheating on my Husky. Street legal, 260 pounds, a ton of power and it feels like a mini bike when your sitting on it. I really like my 04 Husky 450 because of how small it feels and the Berg felt just as tiny.

One question though , have you ever thought about a Husaberg 570 Supermoto? I do know where there is a brand new one for sale.
Are you guys talking about the one at RTR? Best price I've seen in Canada ....

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Which is why I said "no" to KillahK last year when he offered me one. Zero self control if I were on one of those.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
fyi... No Aprilia for me. I bought a 09 KTM Duke 690 last weekend. What a blast!

Thanks again for the advice in this thread....it surely held some weight in my decision.

Marty

·
Banned
5,231 Posts
Supertard. Sell me one with handcuffs and a waiting squad car. I would be news fodder fer sure.

So many downtown bicycle lines I rode as a courier that would get re visited. Nope. Can't do it. It physically hurts to say that. Cause I know some sweet stair jumps and so on.

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
The duke, not the sumo 690, right? Heard they're stupid fun... Lots of mods you can do to those bad boys... G'luck keeping your license!

·
Ridin Dirty
5,011 Posts
Your definition of "tons of fun" is different than mine. The most boring bike I've ridden is a modded DRZ400SM. My opinion, of course.

yep, Suzuki day in day out reliability is soooooo boring....

my definition of tons of fun is never waiting on parts or going without food to pay for repairs and maintenance.... but as I am fond of saying, if we all liked the same bike, the lineup would be awful... :rider

41 - 60 of 67 Posts