BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
1,950 Posts
we've been taught to focus on a reference point(exit point) to help guide us through the turn.
Careful. I think you may have a recipe for a crash there.

As you approach a corner you will choose a turn in and an exit point but you don't "focus" on them. Vision is not static.

Although I don't buy everything he says, Keith Code has written a fair bit on "planning" a corner and I think his book "Twist of the Wrist II" would be of help to you. He lays out pretty clearly the order of events when approaching a corner and all the way through it to picking the bike back up. Some riders may disagree with him on some points (like braking) but you really can't go wrong doing it his way.

I think somebody posted a PDF of the book a while back. Do a search for that thread.

· Banned
1,950 Posts
your eyes should be moving along your line as you approach and move through the turn as opposed to one point.
This is my point. Thanks JJ.

Think of it like as being on a date with a girl with big titties. You wouldn't stare at them would you? No, of course not. You would see them, quickly note their hugeness, notice your wood, then look away. You get a sense of them. If you stare, you'll get none. You'll crash and burn so to speak. Same thing on a bike. Sort of...

That's why I'm such a MotoGP star. Because I get a lot of vision practice by dating women with freakishly huge titties.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.