BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,675 Posts
i've gone in and chalenged the validity of the use of the radar and it's apparent lack of tuning as laid out in it's logs supplied to me on my demand and the judge had no problem. he didn't question the officer in his ability, just in his calibrating of the equipment and why the log wasn't up to date. i wasn't going in for an excessive or i'm sure i would only have gotten it reduced but it was for 12 over so the judge said that due to possible problem with radar gun it would be dismissed.

· Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,675 Posts
a judge who finds out that you could have recieved a much stiffer fine but recieved the lesser then decided to fight even that one WILL take the evidence provided by the officer and if you don't have a valid case for fighting it, he CAN give you what the officer could have given you. if your charged with Manslaughter then evidence is submitted to bump it to Murder, it can be done. my thing here is if you were doing excessive speed then were given a lesser ticket, why would you want to fight it. don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.